|Location||Huddersfield, West Yorkshire||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum||Sector||IT & Telecoms|
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Over 3 years' experience of Information Security in a large complex organisation
- Experience of undertaking Security Compliance work and creating reports based on findings
- Working knowledge of current security industry best practice and practical experience with various platforms including but not limited to: MS Windows, Linux, Unix etc. sufficient to command the respect of multi-disciplinary colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Good understanding of relevant technologies including: Firewalls, Network / host / wireless Intrusion Detection / Prevention technologies, Vulnerability scanning, application testing / auditing software.
- Experience of working with ICT stakeholders, and building positive relationships between ICT, the business and other partners.
- Experience of having worked on technical assessments and Information Security compliance audits.
- Experience developing ICT security policy and promoting good practice.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain complex ICT solutions to a non-technical audience.
- Experience of working as part of a team to provide a cohesive service to the customer, identifying issues and projects that impact ICT and other businesses and service units.
- Experience of working with staff at all levels.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management environment.
- A searching personality with excellent analytical skills.
- A personal interest in learning and self-development.
Key Results Areas
Ensure that the technology security infrastructure adequately meets the needs of the business and provides value for money. Work pro-actively with the Information Manager and technology colleagues to achieve an appropriate balance between security, cost and usability.
1. Help to develop and maintain ICT security policies and procedures, incorporating all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements, and ensure they are easily accessible to relevant staff.
2. Proactively monitor security compliance against an agreed set of standards and provide regular status update reports for management.
3. Take the lead in coordinating relevant activity to ensure the company secures and maintains essential accreditation's where applicable.
4. Coordinate Operations input to any independent audit reviews
5. Work in partnership with all departments, to schedule and coordinate regular security testing across the ICT estate. Where issues are identified, agree a program of necessary remedial action with Operations colleagues and other parties as required and then project manage the activity.
6. Ensure that any technical security incidents are properly investigated and lessons learned.
7. Maintain an awareness of the threat landscape and produce briefings and assist in developing reports and give presentations in one-to-one meetings and to larger multi-disciplinary teams.
8. Work with Information and Digital Service colleagues to ensure that new solutions are secure by design.
9. Carry out or coordinate forensic investigations as required.
- 25 days holidays + public holidays, increasing with service
- Pension - 4% contribution increasing with service
- Life Assurance - 2 x salary / 4 x salary in pension scheme
- Share schemes - Monthly scheme buy 4 get 1 free, and an annual scheme
- Staff Discount
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.