Senior Cryptosecurity Engineer
- Job Reference: 00006242-1
- Date Posted: 7 May 2020
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
Based in Malvern we are looking for an experienced technical consultant specialised in crypto technology to join our team.
You will provide technical advice and design aspects of systems that include cryptography and key management. A knowledge of the underpinning technology and an appreciation of the art of the possible in the future is essential in order for you to advise our customers wisely.
You will be involved with a variety of levels of maturity of systems, ranging from research into future concepts for cryptography, through requirements and architecture for future systems, through design of systems that use cryptography, to modifying in-service systems. Most of this work is for Government clients in the UK, but you may be required to work for Commercial and overseas customers on a range of research, customer friend and niche supply side projects.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large company, including flexible benefits, bonus and pension scheme.
You will be expected to travel to customer and partner sites, mostly in the UK, but some abroad.
This role will definitely require the holder to be able to obtain SC security clearance. Ideally the holder would also be able to obtain a DV level of clearance, for which you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years, regardless of nationality.
Overall Purpose of the Job
• Lead/contribute to all stages in the delivery of customer focused research, consultancy, design and analysis for future cryptographic and key management systems.
• Provide technical expertise and advice on cryptography and information security, including developing knowledge and experience of more junior team members
• Interact with and lead Subject Matter Experts working in multi-disciplinary, multi organisation teams to deliver customer-focused solutions.
• Through engagement with customers identify and develop business opportunities
• Lead the development of proposals in response to requests from customers and consortium partners.
• Act as lead consultant on customer research and consultancy tasks.
• Deliver high quality analysis, reports, and presentations which focus on customer problems and solutions.
• Represent QinetiQ in multi-supplier consortia.
• Rapid learning and consideration of the technical, security, and political landscape
• Communicating complex technical ideas to multiple stakeholders and customers at all levels, including technical and non-technical.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• Qualified to at least University Honours Degree or equivalent (minimum upper second class)
• Applicable experience working within the Government security domain.
• Knowledge and experience of crypto or key management development
• Proven experience of working in a consultancy role, focused on customer needs and requirements or equivalent engineering role with customer/stakeholder exposure and influence.
• Proven ability to rapidly interpret customer requirements and understand complex trade-offs in drawing conclusions and recommendations.
• Proven ability to work across a broad spread of technical and project domains, understanding and shaping both the “big picture” and technical details.
• Proven ability to engage with technical experts and incorporate their input into broader technical solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written technical English communications skills.
Desirable Experience of some or all of the following:
• Security risk analysis and requirements capture
• Security architectures and technology (hardware, software)
• Systems engineering design and implementation processes
Candidates will be expected to achieve high level security clearance for the role.
#LI – QQ