Senior Control Panel Eng
|Job Title:||Senior Control Panel Eng|
|Salary:||£45000 - £48000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2018-12-14 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Angela Jay|
|Job Published:||December 14, 2018 13:06|
Location: Widnes, Cheshire (WA8)
Salary: £45K - £48K+ (depending on experience)
Contract Type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Control Panel Design Engineer to join a leading manufacturing company, specialising in the design, manufacture and installation of a vast variety of electrical, control and instrumentation systems for high profile projects.
The Senior Control Panel Design Engineer will be actively involved in the day to day design, manufacture and project work, using their ability to input their own ideas to make things more successful and improve productivity/profit and communications. In this role you will:
- Process customer enquiries and produce detailed and fully costed proposals that are technically and commercially accurate.
- Produce detailed design for panels, electrical schematics and mechanical GA drawings.
- Produce detailed and comprehensive parts list for Control Panels.
- Oversee Panel Manufacture on workshop and provide support to workshop manager to allow manufacture to progress smoothly.
- Comply at all times with company QA procedures in term of project documentation and processes.
- Comply at all times with National and International where applicable, standards and directives appertaining to the work of which the company undertakes.
- Act in a professional and appropriate manner at all times during the company business to promote the company in a positive way to staff and customers.
- Meet with clients on and off site for technical and commercial meetings.
- Attend/complete training which the company provides to you to further enhance your technical knowledge which will benefit the company.
- Oversee project engineers in the engineering office by supporting technically and commercially and ensuring workloads are managed according to production plans and customer needs.
- Oversee the collecting and documenting of build hours and recording on a regular basis to ensure build is progressing according to production plan.
- Continually looking to improve on current systems and providing a positive attitude to motivate staff within the company.
You will ideally hold the following skills and experiences:
- Experience in a Control Panel environment.
- Strong detailed knowledge of all types of electrical/instrument & PLC Panels.
- Recognised apprenticeship within a relevant field, or have a minimum HNC in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of building panels and working on-site.
- Knowledge/experience with PLC software/ACAD/Pneumatic & Hydraulic systems would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literate, especially with Microsoft packages.
- Excellent team player.
Due to the nature of the role, applicants must have a full UK driving licence, as this role will require attending client sites.
You will be working the hours of 08.30 am - 5.00 pm, Monday to Thursday with a 4.00 pm finish on a Friday, although some flexibility is required.
The ideal you will receive a salary of £45,000 - £48,000 depending on experience.
The job title of 'Senior' relates simply to the level of experience and has no relevance to age. You are encouraged to apply for any opportunities that you feel to be suitable, irrespective of age or level of experience.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Control Panel Design Eng.
£43000 - £45000 per annum
Senior Mechanical Design Eng
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Electrical Control Panel Wire Person
Production Process Eng
£27000 per annum
Junior Mechanical Eng
£23000 - £38000 per annum