Senior Construction Assurance Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Construction Assurance Engineer|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||October 07, 2019 11:05|
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a project team where you will be working closely with the project manager, engineers and construction teams, you will be responsible for leading and performance managing construction activity.
You will oversee construction and site work, ensuring health and safety is at the heart of everything we do. Responsible for ensuring construction work on-site is progressing in line with the project plan, you will be the on-site representative for Thames Water and will link back to the project manager and operational teams.
You will be responsible for inputting into the development of customer solutions as well as ensuring that project deliverables are achieved in a timely manner, within cost and quality. You will be delivering ground-breaking and efficient solutions whilst being the main point of contact for project team members, customers and internal senior stakeholders.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Act as the main point of contact for customers and internal stakeholders whilst on site.
- Monitor and report on performance against key performance indicators.
- Work with team to improve employee engagement and ensure there is a strong focus within the onsite team on health and safety.
- Review of risk assessments and method statements for all projects and re-assess as the projects develop, to ensure works are completed safely.
- Apply commercial acumen in managing contractors and suppliers to deliver best value solution through an agreed programme of work.
- Deliver a programme of works against time, quality and cost requirements.
- Proactively manage stakeholders to achieve excellence communication, handovers and effective interdependent relationships.
- Good communication and co-ordination skills as well as the ability to work well independently.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities and remain calm under pressure.
- Self-motivated, resilient and outgoing in order to succeed.
- Customer service and customer management skills would also be highly advantageous for this position.
- Possess the ability to challenge and be assertive where necessary, as well as the ability to multitask efficiently.
- Previous experience of working in a logistics, construction or water industry is highly advantageous, however not essential.
- You will ideally hold some technical experience using systems such as Microsoft packages, SAP and CRM however this is not essential.
- Due to the nature of the role, a full UK driving licence is required.
This role is an excellent opportunity to supervise projects whilst on site, ensuring that the agreed compliance and service levels are achieved.
You will join a highly motivated and fast-paced team within Thames Water to provide a first-class service to our customers, provide guidance and leadership to field members, promoting customer excellence as well as working alongside a variety of different internal stakeholders.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
£48000 - £55000 per annum
Senior Civil Engineer
£40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday, competitive salary, pension
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Senior Mechanical Engineer
£50000 - £65000 per annum, Benefits: additional benefits
Senior Fire Design Engineer
£50000 - £65000 per annum