|Job Title:||Senior Buyer|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-07-29 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Matthew Loines|
|Job Published:||July 12, 2019 13:27|
Remuneration: £40,000 - £50,000 Per Annum + Bonus
Location: Newport Wales
Our Client are looking for a Senior Buyer on a 12-month fixed term contract to deliver strategic sourcing events in order to meet specific business and end user needs. Key responsibilities include delivering the objectives defined by the Head of Procurement, managing supporting staff, managing the sourcing process and delivering projects on time.
This role will involve the development of contracting strategies, drafting Invitations to Tender and RFQ's, the negotiation and implementation of Contracts and Framework Agreements, and more widely offering procurement support and advice to all end-users within the business.
• Ensure all Procurement events are run in compliance with the EU Utilities Regulations and internal Procurement Policy.
• Evaluate bids and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors;
• Negotiate and agree contracts
• Develop and maintain an up to date knowledge of appropriate EU Procurement legislation, policies and procedures, ensuring their correct application in any Procurement Event;
• Liaise with key stakeholders, including internal customers, external suppliers
• Producing reports and statistics
• Support the Head of Procurement
What we're looking for:
• Demonstrable relevant Procurement or Commercial experience in the Utility, Manufacturing or construction industries.
• The ability to work independently or as a team player
• People leadership experience and be results focused
• Excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills;
• Experience, or good working knowledge of: SAP R/3 (or similar ERP systems), e-Sourcing systems
• Strong Commercial awareness;
• A good standard of numeracy, to be able to analyse facts and figures and then make sense of them within a business context;
• Strong negotiation skills and networking ability;
• Experience with commercial contracts and templates
• The ability to make important decisions and to cope with pressure from meeting demanding targets and tight deadlines;
• Tact and diplomacy; the ability to multi-task and take risks
What's in it for you?
• Competitive Salary (£40-50K)
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Competitive pension scheme
• Flexible benefits options
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000 - £40000 per annum
£33000 - £35000 per annum
£28000 - £29000 per annum
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits Package + Career Development
Team Leader - Logistics
£26695 - £30000 per annum