Senior Business & IT Change Project Manager / Programme Manager
- Job Reference: 00039276-1
- Date Posted: 16 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: West End, Hampshire
- Salary: £70,000 to £75,000
- Sector: I.T. & Communications, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Senior Business Change & IT Project Manager, Programme Change Manager, Professional Services, Central London
Senior Business Change & IT Project Manager required to work for a large Accountancy firm based in Central London. However, due to Covid-19, this will initially be based from home with an eventual need / requirement to visit the London office every now and again.
Please read carefully before applying! YOU MUST COME FROM A PROFESSIONAL SERVICES BACKGROUND – PREFERABLY ACCOUNTANCY BUT NOT ESSENTIAL.
This Accountancy firm currently has a system in place related to Audits where resource is not properly tracked and it is failing the business. If an audit was coming up next week that required 200 people working on it (for instance), there is nothing in place in relation to resource allocation. These auditors would currently be approached individually where the odds are pretty low that all would be available to drop everything and commence with the audit!!
This is such a HUGE Programme that it will take around 3-5 years to complete. The issue is not within Technology, it is on the Business side. This is what requires the attention but, due to internal political reasons, you will be called a Senior Project Manager…even though it is a huge Programme that will require resources from both internal and external.
The aim is for the existing (failing) set-up to be severely upgraded or for something else (more likely) to be selected, implemented and project managed. This involves very high-level stakeholder management due to the impact of business change. We need someone with solid business change experience, along with extensive stakeholder management exposure whilst working for an Accountancy business.
The wish list is for this candidate to have the following skills (bear in mind, this is a wish list!):
* Audit knowledge or experience
* Programme Management / Senior Project Management experience in relation to Resource Allocation / Scheduling / Resource Booking / Practice Management / Logistics related systems
* Extensive Programme Management / Senior Project Management skills involving BIG BUSINESS CHANGE within a Professional Services firm
* Big 4 / Big 6 experience would be nice!
* Professional Services experience
* At least 5 years as Senior Project Manager within the professional services industry or similar with a good understanding of project management disciplines
* Experienced in softer skills, including the political and cultural aspects of project management
* Experienced in running a diverse portfolio of projects including application development, software configuration and implementation, infrastructure deployment and business change
* Qualified in an industry recognised project management discipline or accreditation e.g. Prince 2, APMP, PMP, Agile or similar or can demonstrate experience in delivering projects using a structured approach
* Experience in assisting in tender processes and resultant supplier management
* Industry knowledge - understanding of a Professional Services Industry – desirable
* Evidence of delivering change in complex and fast paced environments
* Excellent commercial awareness and drive to seek value options
* Experience working with external partners in delivering complex projects
* Excellent stakeholder management and conflict resolution skills
This is a great opportunity and salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details