Senior Biomedical Scientist / Deputy Lab Manager
- Job Reference: 00039945-1
- Date Posted: 20 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Are you a Biomedical Scientist with experience of leading teams? Are you looking for a rewarding career with a pioneering company?
An innovative diagnostics company are seeking a Senior Biomedical Scientist to join the team at their state-of-the-art laboratory, located in Newcastle upon Tyne. The company have a successful, pioneering history in diagnostics and are undergoing a period of expansion. In response to the ongoing pandemic, the company now offer a range of COVID-19 testing services.
You will act as Senior Biomedical Scientist in the COVID-19 Diagnostic Laboratory. You will also deputise for the Laboratory Manager as required. This is a permanent opportunity with excellent scope for development.
* Act as Senior Biomedical Scientist within the Covid-19 Laboratory.
* Deputise for the Laboratory Manager as and when required.
* Ensure Quality and Regulatory standards are adhered to and results are recorded appropriately.
* BSc(Hons) or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline
* Significant experience with, and an in-depth knowledge of, Molecular Diagnostics including DNA/RNA extraction and qPCR.
* Previous experience in a leadership role.
* Should be either HCPC registered or eligible.
* Familiarity with ISO15189.
* Experience working in Level 2/3 Containment Facilities and with Class II Microbiological Safety Cabinets.
You will benefit from a highly competitive salary and work alongside talented and supportive colleagues in a close-knit team. As the company is currently undergoing expansion, you will have excellent progression opportunities as the company grows.
For more information or to apply, please contact Louis Williams.
Due to the volume of applications received on a daily basis, we find it incredibly difficult to respond to each and every one. Should you not hear back from us within two weeks, please assume your application was unsuccessful on this occasion.
Network Scientific is an award-winning science recruitment agency specialising in the provision of temporary, permanent and contract recruitment services to the scientific and related technical industries. We’re an ethical and knowledgeable consultancy passionate about our candidate care.
If you feel this role is not right for you but are interested in other opportunities in the Diagnostics sector, please take a look at our company website.
Please note that all applicants for this role should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Network Scientific Recruitment, part of Network Scientific Ltd. is an Employment Business/Agency