|Job Title:||Senior Administrator|
|Salary:||£12.45 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Kirsty Lamb|
|Job Published:||May 02, 2019 16:17|
Our client, who is based within one of the Scottish Government buildings in Central Edinburgh, is looking for an experienced Senior Administrator for a small but busy office.
you would be expected to maintain an effective provision of secretarial and clerical support to the Unit and also on occasion other units of the Department, by dealing with all correspondence, typing confidential reports and diary maintenance to ensure the effective dissemination of fire/health and safety information throughout the University
Provision of specialised secretarial and clerical assistance associated with the provision of training within the business, by coordinating and monitoring meetings, appointments, course dates, equipment, transport, travel, accommodation, venues and catering. Preparation of handouts and other training related materials
Provide a front line query answering service to filter out routine queries and provide answers, whilst deciding upon queries which require to be passed on to professional staff in the appropriate discipline
Maintain the Unit specialised databases to produce reports, statistics and letters, Assist and instruct where necessary Fire Safety Unit personnel on the use of University computer programmes and databases.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed for the Job
- At least 5 years of secretarial experience within a busy department with wide-ranging internal and external contact. A high degree of administrative skills, including good organisational skills in order to manage time effectively.
- Higher English or equivalent.
- Ability to work unsupervised, to take sole responsibility occasionally, and to show initiative in referring urgent matters tactfully and appropriately.
- Good interpersonal skills, an ability to prioritise tasks logically and effectively, and to take on board new initiatives.
- Acquired knowledge and understanding of internal University policies and procedures relating to fire health and safety.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Access.
- Experience of working with confidential information.
Immediate start required.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's