|Salary||£38250 - £50000 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
This role is to provide a reporting and accounting service for CBS & Tideway within Thames Water duties to include:
- The reporting of cash receipts and debtors reporting from CBS.
- Completion of the Tideway cash reporting to ensure correct payment is made to Tideway on a monthly basis.
- To ensure that appropriate policies and controls are adhered to.
- Support Finance Graduate during their placement in the cash & debt team, you will be handling a budget between £45m to £140m.
- You will be Business-focused support and challenge in delivery of the business plan with respect of cash and debt management and reporting.
- You will complete budgets and forecasts for CBS in line with agreed timetable, this will involve liaising with Water & Waste Water teams.
- Have experience in month end assessment of cash accruals, correct postings that have gone into the suspense code for CBS, bank account clearing.
- You will be putting together a compilation of month end reporting packs re CBS cash & debt, including debt performance monitor, cash trackers and update Senior Management Accountant on any issues that need to be highlighted.
- You will be completing balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with the Monthly Reporting Cycle, weekly analysis for CBS cash & debt.
- Your experience includes relationship management with all business areas on CBS cash and debt issues.
- You will be reporting on a monthly basis, including calculation of payment due to Tideway, attend monthly review meetings with Tideway & Wholesale, prepare budgets & forecasts in line with timetable and understand financial risk and opportunity management.
- Oversee the month end Journal and Balance sheet reconciliation process at a high level and ensure deadline met by members of the team.
- You will have experience of being timely and accurate with the provision of cash and debt related information.
- You will provide feedback in a number of different ways from business unit leads relating to cash and debtors, line managers on delivery of objectives, finance function performance from business and on management of business requirements from finance team.
- You will be educated as a qualified Accountant.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.