Senior Account Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Account Manager|
|Salary:||Competitive, based on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-07-01 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kay Sproulle|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2019 16:19|
As a Senior Account Manager, your challenge will be to raise awareness of the ALE brand and services, establishing contacts with clients which will ultimately lead to the provision of ALE’s services and solutions. Reporting directly to the VP Sales, you will be able to call upon ALE’s huge diverse array of engineering skills, equipment and operational logistics team to design, offer and then provide unique and innovative solutions to the most demanding heavy lift and transport challenges.
Our industry is extremely niche, so while commercial heavy lift experience is valuable it is not a requirement. We frequently work closely with EPC’s, contractors and Freight Forwarders to secure and successfully execute projects globally. A background where you have worked in connection with these types of businesses will be important to your success in this role.
If you have confidence in your sales abilities, can open doors and engage clients with effective engineering solutions to their logistics problems, then we can help lift your career to new heights.Package description
Competitive, based on experienceMain responsibilities
- Spread and strengthen our Client contacts.
- Create and conduct proposal and ITT (Invitation to Tender) responses.
- Provide timely, accurate and competitive bids on all enquiries submitted for pricing, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin and adding value wherever possible.
- Prepare drawings
- Seek out new customers, markets and business opportunities. Complete research and undertake prospecting activity.
- Maintain and Develop relationships with key contacts.
- Working to a planned schedule, meet with new and prospective clients to establish and build relationships, develop and maintain networks, seek opportunities to support clients in resolving their heavy lift and transport needs.
- Present new ALE innovations and project solutions to small and large groups.
- Identify and secure business from new and existing customers, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Report all activity on a timely and accurate basis into our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system - Microsoft Dynamics.
- Develop a full understanding of each Client's requirements.
- Maintain accurate records of all pricing, sales, and activity.
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Technical knowledge relevant to the heavylift operations in the country
- Knowledge of the Construction/Energy/Cargo Project Industry
- Knowledge of the heavy lifting and transport industry
- Sales and business development techniques
- Experience with customer database/CRM system
- Selling/project managing projects and/or heavy lifting projects.
- Proven experience in the industry in USA. Technical/Field Operations background.
- Proven track record of closing deals and achieving / exceeding targets successfully
- Proven experience with SPMTs and large cranes
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- People skills
- Fluent / native English speaker
- Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Outlook
- Able to influence others and make an impact
- Evidence of delivering high standards of service
- Negotiating Skills
- Professional presentation
- Target driven / competitive
- Able to inspire others
- Full current driving licence
- Valid international passport, no restrictions
- Willing to travel
- Work permit for the USA if required
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 2,100 people in 40+ businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's