SEND Teaching Assistant
|Job Title:||SEND Teaching Assistant|
|Salary:||£60 - £70 per day|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Bushnell|
|Job Published:||March 20, 2019 14:44|
This is a part time (8 hours per week) and long term role with an immediate start for the right candidate.
You will be working closely with the class teacher, providing additional support to help the learner achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience working with students with hearing impairments
- A good knowledge of either Makaton and/or British Sign Language (BSL)
- Excellent knowledge of English and Math’s (numeracy and literacy skills).
- Excellent communication and listening skills;
- The ability to analyse problems and devise solutions
- Assertiveness in dealing with pupils
- Determination to see problems and solutions through to the end
- A non-judgmental approach
- Organisational and time management skills
- The ability to relate to young people and adults
- The capacity to motivate and act as a role model
- Negotiation skills
- Flexibility and can be adaptable and able to work well under pressure
- Report writing skills and the ability to maintain accurate records
- A commitment to equality and diversity
- An understanding of confidentiality and the handling of sensitive information
- A commitment to safeguarding
Working with the Education Network:
You will be working with a fully trained team of education specialists whose sole focus is on the education sector. Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
You will also have access to ongoing, free, CPD via EduCare – A nationally recognised education training provider:
- Safeguarding Young People
- The SEND Code of Practice
- Mental Wellbeing in Children and Young People
- ADHD Awareness
- Dyslexia Awareness
- Autism Awareness
- Child Protection in Education
- First Aid Essentials
The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer.
The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's