SEND Teaching Assistant
|Job Title:||SEND Teaching Assistant|
|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Salary:||£60 - £90 per day|
|Start Date:||2018-12-14 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Michaella Cowell|
|Job Published:||December 14, 2018 14:38|
The Education Network are acting on behalf of a secondary school in Newcastle who are seeking two SEND Teaching Assistants to join them from January - Easter, though there is scope for this to be extended for the right candidate.
The role will require the successful candidate to work 1:1 supporting individuals and small groups, providing guidance to children with special education needs by removing barriers to learning.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Teaching Assistant Qualification (Level 2 or above)
- Experience of working with children with low literacy and numeracy levels
- Experience of working with children with complex needs, such as ADHD, attachment disorders and ASD
-The ability to work as part of a new team developing support strategies for children across the school, to remove barriers to learning.
- The ability to be creative and use initiative to engage a child.
- The ability to build effective relationships with children and stay calm under pressure or in frustrating situations.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance + standards. Any appointment will be subject to stringent checks including referencing and an enhanced DBS check. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you are interested in this role, or would like to discuss it further, email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0191 2323 780.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's