SEN Teaching Assistant
- Job Reference: 00022883-1
- Date Posted: 12 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Greenwich, London
- Salary: £70.00 to £90.00 Per Day
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Contract
SEN Teaching Assistant
COVID-19 notice: We're continuing to recruit education staff throughout these unprecedented times, as we can still get you registered and cleared ready for when schools re-open. Instead of face-to-face meetings, all interviews will be via phone and we can guide you through submitting your documents online.
Tradewind need you! We are working with a school in Greenwich looking to recruit Teaching Assistants with SEN experience, is that you?
Tradewind Recruitment is recruiting for a Good Primary School who require SEN Teaching Assistants to start with them from October 2020. The roles will be full time and the initial contracts will be through till the end of the school year in July 2021. The rate of pay will vary on experience starting at £70 up to £90 per day.
This three form entry requires Teaching Assistants to work on a 1:1 basis with students in the school that have Special Educational Needs particularly with Autism and ADHD. The decision to begin SEN support for a child is not taken quickly or lightly. Where a teacher has specific concerns they will discuss these concerns with the SENCo. The teacher and SENCo will then discuss these concerns with the child and the parents/carers in a planning meeting, and SEN support may begin. The school now requires these staff to offer additional support to these students in and out of the classroom to ensure they get the most out of their learning in the environment.
We are looking for:
- Teaching Assistants that have had experience working with students with SEN previously.
- People with positive attitudes and those with a glass half full outlook.
- Teaching Assistants that go the extra mile for children and other staff.
This school is located in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. You could reach this school via public transport with the bus and train station only 9 minutes' walk. Driving is also an option with a large car park.
To join us and be successful in this Teaching Assistant role you will need to:
- Hold a Teaching Assistant qualification or relevant TA experience within the past 2 years
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click "Apply Now" to get your application started for the role of Teaching Assistant. Or for more information you can contact Craig Sowden on (phone number removed) / (url removed)
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer