|Job Title:||SEN Coordinator|
|Salary:||£200 - £220 per day|
|Start Date:||2019-06-07 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Michaella Cowell|
|Job Published:||June 07, 2019 16:27|
The Education Network are working together with our client in Gateshead who are seeking to appoint an ambitious and visionary leader who will confidently lead the SEN area of the school. The role is initially temporary with a September 2019 start date, though the successful candidate will be eligible to apply for a permanent role.
As SENCo you will:
• Be an excellent communicator and be driven to take responsibility for the leadership and development of this key area of school.
• Have focus on the vision, policy (including the delivery of the statutory requirements of the SEND Code of Practice) and oversee the provision for all SEND students.
• Develop the culture of the department and the quality of educational experience offered to students and further establish the department within the whole school community.
• Be a motivational leader responsible for the personal and professional welfare of staff within the department.
• Lead the team, supporting students and staff to achieve their best by removing the barriers to learning.
The successful candidate would ideally have:
• Experience of developing and delivering programmes for students with SEND
• Experience of leading and managing staff in developing and implementing effective provision for vulnerable students
• An understanding of methods and good practice in reviewing and evaluating teaching & learning
• Evidence of knowledge and understanding of effective record keeping, and its use to promote the educational and personal development of all children
• An understanding of national developments in the area of social inclusion and SEND
• Knowledge of the National Curriculum, including Programmes of Study and national strategies related to teaching pupils with SEND
• Knowledge of a range of accreditation available to students
• An understanding of behaviour management strategies
• Ability to build effective working relationships with a range of partners and stakeholders.
• Ability to motivate colleagues and students through a positive and professional attitude
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
• Excellent behaviour management skills based on a firm but empathetic approach with students
We would like to appoint an outstanding secondary teacher and leader to the role of SENCo and are looking for someone who can drive forward the strategic direction of the SEND department, ensuring outstanding performance of this area.
The Education Network has become first choice for secondary schools across the region for both daily and long term supply cover. We also work with our client schools on exclusive permanent recruitment opportunities not advertised anywhere else.
We have developed a unique CPD programme for our teachers and support staff and you could also benefit from the ongoing training we provided to all our staff free of charge as and when the courses are released thought the course of the academic year.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance + standards. Any appointment will be subject to stringent checks including referencing and an enhanced DBS check. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you are interested in this role, or would like to discuss it further, please email email@example.com or give us a call on 0191 2323 780.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's