|Salary||£20,500 per annum + £287.75 London weighting recurring monthly||Sector||Facilities|
HMP Bronzefield are currently recruiting for a Semi Skilled Maintenance Operative to carry out maintenance and repairs to ensure the safe and efficient running of the establishment.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.Package description
£20,500 per annum + recurring £287.75 monthly London Weighting
Excellent benefits including season ticket loans, free meals, free parking, subsidised gym membership, group discount schemes, pension and 28 days holiday.
Call out will be on a rota basisMain responsibilities
- Work flexibly across trade disciplines as required
- Carry out all planned and reactive, maintenance repairs, planned preventative facilities tasks and project work as directed in order to ensure that operational support is provided to the establishment at all times
- Carry out jobs and tasks where no previous experience is necessary, for example putting up notice boards, testing fire alarms, testing hydrants
- Some outside work/grounds person duties
- Working alongside tradespeople to learn trades
- Accurate records of maintenance and repair work to be maintained
- All work to be completed to relevant trade standards
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are carried out in a timely manner
- Management of tools
- Ability to be proactive and systematic in handling of jobs/tasks
- Ability to work to correct time schedules and deadlines
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly across disciplines and sites/buildings
- Demonstrate commitment to delivering excellent customer service
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.