SEMH Teaching Assistant
- Job Reference: 00033229-1
- Date Posted: 29 December 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Leeds
- Salary: £65.00 to £70.00 Per Day
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Temporary
At Celsian Education we currently require a SEMH Teaching Assistant to support students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs at a specialist school. The role is to commence from January 2021.
The role includes:
· Providing help and support to students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs.
· Working with students of varying ages on a 1:1 and small group basis.
· Supporting the class teacher to deliver engaging lessons.
· Managing challenging behaviours.
· Ongoing position for the right person.
About the school:
· The school caters for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs and offers a broad curriculum to engage students as much as possible.
· A specialised provider offering integrated education and therapeutic support.
· A strong team with a collaborative ethos.
· Have strong communication skills with the ability to quickly build rapport with students.
· Suitable qualifications to support students with SEND are desirable, such as Youth Work or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
· Have previous experience working with children and young people with additional needs such as Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs.
· Able to obtain suitable references and a DBS check.
About Celsian Education:
· Excellent rates of pay paid by our in-house payroll team using the PAYE (pay as you earn) system.
· Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to ensure you receive the pay and working conditions you are entitled to as an agency worker.
· FREE career professional development and guidance through your education career.
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your CV via this website as soon as possible and we will be in touch.
If you would like to find out more information about the role, please call us on (phone number removed).
PLEASE NOTE: due to COVID-19, we are currently completing interviews and registrations online via secure web rooms. The technology we have put into place ensures that we can move forward with your application.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged