Seetec Pluss is one of the UK’s leading providers of employability and health services, supporting thousands of people to move into employment each year.
The role will form part of WHP - JETS scheme which will be focused on providing employment support to those individuals who have recently lost their job as a result of the devastating impact of Covid-19.
The scheme will address the barriers to gaining alternative employment with tailored support to enable individuals to develop a business idea into a meaningful income generating business.
We are currently seeking talented individuals to join our team as Self-Employment Advisors. Our ideal candidate will have experience of working in a new enterprise creation/development sector and experience of providing self-employment or enterprise guidance to others. It would be desirable if you have a Small Firms Enterprise Development Initiative (SFEDI) qualification.
If you have excellent customer service skills, are target driven as well as a motivational adviser to build positive relationships, guide, inspire, and encourage individuals to find suitable employment. We anticipate that this role will be delivered digitally so you will have to be fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies, i.e. Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business. You will have a high level of initiative and motivation with the ability to seek out solutions to problems, and be able to work under pressure, without day to day supervision
We are looking for individuals from a sales, recruitment, retail, hospitality or have an advising and guidance background or previous experience within employability then we would love to hear from you.
This Working Health Programme - Job Entry Targeted Support will address the barriers to gaining alternative employment with tailored support to enable individuals to achieve and sustain new employment.
Be proud to be part of the recovery.
* Progressively manage a caseload of referred customers who have declared ‘self-employment’ as a viable employment option, deploying a variety of appropriate strategies to guide them towards business start-up.
* Deliver a positive experience to new customers, ensuring they engage with you and the programme and maintain regular contact as their enterprise develops, ensuring you are on hand to help with issues and questions as they arise
* Facilitate a range of assessments, using a suite of tools, to fully understand a customer’s personal circumstances, ambitions and goals and co-produce personalised tailored Action Plans featuring SMART targeting to enable positive and timely progression.
* Deliver technical expertise in all areas of self-employment: including enabling customers to consider self-employment as a viable option for themselves, to helping them create a sustainable income from their self-employment venture.
* Advise customers on all aspects of their journey to become self-employed, including business planning, sourcing financial support from local and national funding pools, marketing, promoting and adhering to government guidelines.
* Ensure the customer is prepared to commence their self-employment by guiding them through the relevant statutory requirements, (i.e. UTR number; registration with HMRC, Government Gateway, Companies House etc.)
* Advise customers on how to maintain robust and auditable records in relation to their business, and supporting them during ongoing clerical processes, such as completing their tax returns.
Skills and Experience
* Experience of working in a new enterprise creation/development sector.
* Experience of providing self-employment or enterprise guidance to others.
* Fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies, i.e. Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business.
* Small Firms Enterprise Development initiative (SFEDI) qualification.
* Experience of managing an Independent Trading company.
* Experience of working with people in the provision of ‘information, advice & guidance’.
* Full driving license to enable deployment across a specified geographical area (region), when required.
Salary: £25,339 p.a.
Hours: 37 hrs per week - 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday & 8.30am - 4.30pm Friday (Full Time)
Closing Date: 18 March 2021
In light of Covid-19 Interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams
Benefits:25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Eye care scheme, Access to wide range of local and national discounts.
Seetec Pluss is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec Pluss support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”.
Seetec Pluss is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity