Security Officer (Fixed Term Contract)
|Job Title:||Security Officer (Fixed Term Contract)|
|Salary:||£8.79 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-07-25 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Mellor|
|Job Published:||July 25, 2019 14:02|
We are currently recruiting 2 Security Officers to join our team at Exeter Crown and County Court on a fixed term contract.
As a Security Officer, you will monitor the security of the building and personnel at all times at Exeter Crown and County Court. You will also meet and greet all staff, visitors, and members of the public.Package description
40 hours per week - £8.79 an hour
Working hours are between 6pm and 4am - Monday to Thursday (4 nights)
4 months with the possibility of permanent position thereafterMain responsibilities
- An active member of the on-site security team – night shift ECCC Project
- Ensure the site is secure at all times
- Undertake site security checks in line with the SLAs
- Lock and unlock the building at the beginning of the working day and at the end of the working day, operational times
- Assist the emergency services as necessary
- Undertake checks when opening and closing the site, ensuring all windows and doors are secured
- Monitor and record CCTV images in line with the Data Protection Act
- Monitor various alarms, fire, panic, disabled toilets
- Meet visitors, clients, customers, staff members and members of the public in a friendly and professional manner
- Monitor all persons entering the site
- Undertake security checks on all persons entering the courts, ensure all bags and appliances are searched in line with the site search policy.
- Open and close roller doors when deliveries or collections take place
- Record and confiscate all restricted items, secure the items and issue a receipt to the customer
- Return confiscated items when the customer leaves site
- Man the site for all out of hours working – 18:00 – 04:00 hrs
- Ensure all contractors sign in the visitor’s book and ensure they report to the FM office
- Ensure you are dressed in a smart manner in line with Sodexo security dress policy
- Monitor the site for all H&S issues and report near misses when found
- Monitor energy usage and report issues to site Facilities Manager
- Undertake any other reasonable request in line with business needs
- Monitor contractors working night shift ensuring they follow all site H&S requirements
- Ensure doors or access are not compromised
- Ensure the building is operational at the end of the shift
- SIA Licence holder
- A customer focussed individual
- Smart and tidy appearance
- Demonstrative experience and level of administration skills
- Desire to work as part of a team
- CCTV licence (desirable)
- Restraint trained (desirable)
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Sodexo Justice Services delivers custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within England, Scotland and Wales and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's