|Salary||9.00 per hour||Sector||Miscellaneous|
To provide an efficient and professional security service to HME, Associates, visitors and other onsite Contractors and Sodexo.Package description
- The successful applicant must hold an SIA licence
- Working 19.30 - 07.30 on a 4 on / 4 off basis
- The successful individual must be able to communicate verbally and in writing to an excellent standard
- The successful candidate must have excellent customer service skills thus providing our Clients and customers with a professional service in their European headquarters
- Very good IT skills are required
- Internal and external patrols will be necessary to complete
- Smart uniform provided along with the necessary
- Provide a professional, efficient, and approachable security service with associated switchboard and reception duties, maintaining a high level of customer service to staff and visitors at all times.
- Carry out internal and external patrols at night to ensure a safe and secure environment, recording maintenance issues, potential breaches of security or unusual occurrences in the ‘Daily Occurrence Book’.
- To provide visitors to HME with helpful advice, guidance and information and if not able to do so, direct to other members of staff who can assist.
- Ensure that those who should not be granted access to HME are professionally and politely prevented from gaining access or escorted from the building.
- Provide support in an emergency or evacuation situation, in a calm and professional manner. Actively provide information to any emergency services when requested to do so.
- As part of the team assist facilities team with the regular testing of fire alarms and other security equipment, completing the appropriate logs, and notifying the General Services Manager / Group Security Manager of any issues of malfunctioning equipment.
- Ensure and regularly check that HME’s fire exit doors are maintained free of obstructions and that the chains are removed when occupied, reporting any defects or maintenance issues as appropriate.
- Monitor and respond immediately to alarm system activations to check designated areas of concern. Effectively follow procedure to notify HME staff and patrons of situations or actions required of them.
- Ensure that HME’s CCTV system is professionally, effectively and sensitively monitored in compliance with relevant procedures and legislation.
- Conduct individual, bag and property searches, if directed to do so by the Facilities Manager / Deputy General Services Manager / Group Security Manager.
- Ensure the effective control and maintenance of keys and security equipment including any equipment e.g. radios.
- Conduct routine security administration including the issue of parking passes, HME staff cards and visitor passes and, permits. Ensure that any lost property in HME is securely stored, recorded and retrieved for the owner where appropriate.
- Maintain all security related equipment and working areas to a high standard of cleanliness and safety and ensure all defects are reported.
- Complete relevant records and log books, in a professional manner providing sufficient detail.
- Support and comply with HME’s Fire, Health and Safety, and Security policies and procedures.
- Undertake first aid training and provide first aid services to staff, visitors or patrons as requested.
- Working with a Building Service Technician or Fire Officer, carry out the evacuation of people from lifts, to minimise panic and ensure the safety of all concerned.
- Assist in the induction and training of new members of the team.
- Undertake any new training policies introduced by Sodexo or HME as directed by the Facilities Manager
- / Deputy General Services Manager / Group Security Manager
- Where required work as a Duty Fire Officer (training will be provided) and report potential risks to the Site Supervisor.
- Deal with any suspicious packages, maintaining own and others safety and dealing with these in accordance with Sodexo policies and procedures.
- Actively maintain the confidentiality of information to which Officers will be privy, be this around individuals or security sensitive information in relation to the Building, and using appropriate language, particularly within the working environment.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Facilities Manager / General Services Manager / Group Security Manager and/or HME management team
- Holder of an SIA licence
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing to an excellent standard
- Excellent IT skills
- Exhibits characteristics of Service Spirit, Team Spirit and Spirit of Progress
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling good relations with customers, Clients and colleagues
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to organise oneself and prioritise tasks and work alone
- Copes well under pressure in emergency situations
- Identifies and communicates potential problems to Facilities Manager / Deputy General Services Manager
- Ability to attend training courses some of which may be off site
- Ability to carry out the role completing site wide internal and external patrols
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.