|Job Title:||Security Officer|
|Start Date:||2019-04-03 00:00:00|
|Job Published:||April 03, 2019 12:06|
We are currently recruiting a full time Security Officer to join our team at Exeter Crown and County Court
As a Security Officer, you will monitor the security of the building and personnel at all times at Exeter Crown and County Court. You will also meet and greet all staff, visitors, and members of the public.Package description
46 hours per week - salary is £21,019.53 per annum
Working hours are between 7am - 7pm - Monday to FridayMain responsibilities
- Ensure the site is secure at all times
- Undertake site security checks in line with the SLAs
- Work with the courts to monitor and control parking
- Lock and unlock the building at the beginning of the working day and at the end of the working day, operational times 7am – 7pm
- Manage and assist court staff when evacuating the building either as a practice or when the alarm is activated
- Assist the emergency services as necessary
- Undertake checks when opening and closing the site, ensuring all windows and doors are secured
- Monitor and record CCTV images in line with the Data Protection Act
- Monitor various alarms, fire, panic, disabled toilets
- Generate reports or images as requested
- Attend court as a security deterrent when requested
- Meet visitors, clients, customers, staff members and members of the public in a friendly and professional manner
- Issue security passes as required to court visitors
- Undertake security checks on all persons entering the courts, ensure all bags and appliances are searched in line with the site search policy.
- Open and close roller doors when deliveries or collections take place
- Manage the front of house mail deliveries and deliver to or notify MOJ representative
- Record and confiscate all restricted items, secure the items, issue a receipt and return confiscated items when the customer leaves site
- Man the site for all out of hours working
- Ensure all contractors sign in the visitor’s book and ensure they report to the FM office
- Monitor the site for all H&S issues and report near misses when found
- Notify business admin of any other issues that may affect the courts, or court availability
- Monitor energy usage and report issues to site Facilities Manager
- SIA Licence holder
- Customer focused
- Restraint trained
- Demonstrative experience and level of administration skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Desire to work as part of a team
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Sodexo Justice Services delivers custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within England, Scotland and Wales and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's