To support the Shift Supervise in the daily operation of CP1 Security office
- ESSENTIAL requirements include: SIA Door Supervisor Licence AND
- Full UK driving licence, preferably clean
- For insurance purposes all drivers must meet the following requirements:
- must be at least 25 years of age and
- have 2 years driving experience
- Working Monday to Friday on an alternating weekly roster:
- Early shift: 05.30 - 14.30 and
- Late shift: 13.00 - 22.00
- Total of 45 hours per week
- Working within a team to provide security to our Clients, customers and contractors in a large manufacturing site, applicants must be confident to work on their own and will be directly involved in supporting the Shift Supervisor in the daily operation of the central Security office
- Confident in CCTV system operation and management
- ANPR database management
- Issuing ID cards along with database management
- Excellent command of the English language is required both spoken and written to ensure we continue to provide our Clients and customers with an excellent level of customer care and service
- Excellent IT skills with previous experience using Microsoft Office software packages including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Previous experience of working in an office / reception environment and must be able to demonstrate strong customer service skills and a high degree of professionalism
- A smart and professional appearance is required, we will supply you with a smart uniform.
- To support the Shift Supervisor in the daily operation of CP1 Security office
- To ensure that SN3 4TZ’s CCTV system is professionally, effectively and sensitively monitored in compliance with relevant procedures and legislation.
- To ensure all visitors are signed in, in a timely and professional manner.
- To provide visitors to SN3 4TZ with helpful advice, guidance and information and if not able to do so, direct to other members of staff who can assist.
- To ensure that those who should not be granted access to SN3 4TZ are professionally and politely prevented from gaining access or escorted from the building and reporting such occurrences to the Group Security Manager / as a matter of urgency.
- To ensure all deliveries are received and signed for and the addressee is informed
- To support the upkeep and maintenance of the ANPR database
- To update and maintain the Access Control database management system
- To issue ID cards / VMC vending cards and update the database
- To provide support in an emergency or evacuation situation to SN3 4TZ Fire Manager / Building Services in a calm and professional manner and to actively provide information to any emergency services when requested to do so.
- To ensure all daily documentation is controlled
- To support the Security team across the site if requested to do so by the Shift Supervisor / Group Security Manager
- To support with associated switchboard, gatehouse and reception duties, maintaining a high level of customer service to staff and visitors at all times.
- To assist Building Services team / Fire Managers with the regular testing of fire alarms and other security equipment, completing the appropriate logs, and notifying the Security Shift Supervisor / Group Security Manager of any issues of malfunctioning equipment.
- To organise and conduct as necessary individual, bag and property searches, as directed to do so by the Security Shift Supervisor / Group Security Manager.
- To ensure the effective control and maintenance of keys and security equipment including any equipment
- To support the Security Shift Supervisor / Group Security Manager in completing security administration including the issue of parking passes, SN3 4TZ staff cards and visitor passes and permits.
- To ensure that any lost property in SN3 4TZ is securely stored, recorded and retrieved for the owner where appropriate.
- To support the Security Shift Supervisor that the CP1 Security offices is kept in a tidy fashion with attention paid to 5 S
- To undertake first aid training and provide first aid services to staff, visitors or patrons as requested by the Group Security Manager.
- To complete training and support for new members of the Security team.
- To undertake any new training introduced by Sodexo or our Client as directed by the Group SecurityManager / Security Shift Supervisor
- To ensure that any suspicious packages are dealt with in accordance with Sodexo policies and procedures and such an occurrence is reported to the Security Shift Supervisor / Group Security Manager as a matter of urgency.
- Actively maintain the confidentiality of information to which Security team will be privy, be this around individuals or security sensitive information in relation to the Building, and using appropriate language, particularly within the working environment.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Group Security Manager / Security Shift Supervisor and/or our Clients management team
The Ideal Candidate
- Essential: Holder of an SIA Door Supervisor licence
- Essential:Full and preferably clean UK driving licence and for Sodexo Insurance purposes drivers must be at least 25 years of age and have 2 years relevant driving experience
- Must have the ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing to an excellent standard and in a professional manner
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office – Outlook / Excel / Word / PowerPoint
- Previous experience of working in an office environment
- Exhibits characteristics of Service Spirit, Team Spirit and Spirit of Progress
- Very strong interpersonal skills enabling excellent relations with customers, clients and colleagues
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to organise oneself and prioritise tasks
- Copes well under pressure in emergency situations
- Ability to identify and communicate potential problems to Security Shift Supervisor
- Willingness to accept DLS
- Ability to attend training courses some of which may be off site
- Ability to carry out the role completing site wide internal and external patrols
- Clean, tidy and smart appearance
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.