We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical and Operations Director to join our client, a manufacturer of safety devices to protect people, platforms, missions and information against constantly changing threats.
The purpose of this role is to advise the Managing Director on the direction and strategy of future R&D requirements. Managing funded development programmes within budget and time requirements whilst developing teams to continuously improve.
You will have overall responsibility for Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost in all operational areas in particular logistics, engineering, maintenance and manufacturing areas
- Ensure that all areas of production, research and development comply with the Company Health and Safety policies and procedures (including those aligned with statutory or COMAH requirements) and display a positive safety culture.
- Through the Manufacturing Operations Manager achieve the desired levels of safety, quality and output volume by leadership and use of team boards.
- To direct and motivate all production personnel in the pursuit of maximum efficiency and productivity through increased levels of employee participation.
- Engage with all personnel to improve performance via a motivated workforce.
- Maximise utilization of manpower, materials and machines using lean manufacturing methods.
- Produce Technology Road Map in conjunction with Business Development director.
- Coordinate technical/production interface meetings to ensure smooth integration of new products into manufacture.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Significant experience in a Technical Management Role
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Safety
- Experience of Continuous improvement programmes. g. Lean and statistics IO
- SH Managing Safely
- Basic understanding of Safety Case principles
Qualification & Certification Required
- Degree - Engineering, Science or Manufacturing