|Salary||£95 - £120 per day||Sector||Health & Medical|
Are you Level 3 First Aid trained? Do you have experience treating young people and working as part of a team? We are currently recruiting for a School Medical Advisor to work in tandem with the School Nurse at a large secondary school. This role requires someone who has experience managing a medical room and providing appropriate medical treatment. You will be responsible for maintaining Individual Healthcare Plans for students, and leasing with the safeguarding team.
This school is a fast paced environment and needs a proactive Medical Advisor who has experience working with young people. You will need to have experience taking responsibility for issuing/using prescription drugs, monitoring attendance linked to identified medical issues, and working with the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- Ensuring the efficient and effective running of the medical room, including records/forms and supervision of sick or injured persons.
- Liaising with the school nurse on health related matters
- Completing risk assessments and evacuation plans for students with identified medical needs
- Providing medical support to students and calling emergency services where necessary
- Training and deployment of Academy First Aid team
- Hold a Level 3 First Aid qualification
- Have experience working in a similar environment
- Understand how to work with children and young adults
- Enjoy working as part of a proactive team
- Be able to give instructions to, and help less experienced staff members
- Understand the importance of a efficiently run and well organised medical room
If this position is of interest to you, then send a copy of your CV to Harry.Chase @theeducationnetwork.co.uk or call us directly for a brief conversation in the first instance –
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance+ standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
The Education Network Offer:
Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
The opportunity to work in friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere where every child matters. Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants who will endeavor to find assignments suited to your needs.
An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent rates of pay.
The Education Network is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.-
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.