- Job Reference: 00023038-1
- Date Posted: 13 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Sunbury-on-Thames, Surrey
- Salary: £22,000 to £25,100
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Are you a practical and reliable problem-solver with experience of maintaining safe school premises?
This Primary School is looking to appoint an experienced and capable Premises Manager in Sunbury to manage the school site.
The postholder will take day to day responsibility for ensuring the site is safe and compliant, well-maintained, secure and to carry out general caretaking duties required by the school.
The successful candidate may be required to work occasionally at other nearby schools in this Academy Group.
The role will be line managed by as part of the Trust’s regional estates team.
This is a full-time role based on 36 hours per week split across five days, though some weekend working may be required.
Hours to be agreed according to school need but are likely to include a split shift (early to mid-morning and mid-afternoon to early evening).
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the life of the school and support the education of 450 primary school students.
The role comes with the benefit of a caretaker’s house next to the school.
About the Primary School
This Primary School provides an exceptional learning environment where children academically flourish and emotionally thrive. There is an innovative, thematic curriculum, which enables all children to learn well, developing a life-long love of learning.
The well-being of children is at the core of all school decisions, nurturing pupils as they develop: kindness, resilience, confidence and a sense of responsibility for themselves and others.
The beautiful grounds and excellent facilities afford children a wealth of new learning experiences, including an array of extra-curricular activities to develop more broadly their skills and wider interests.
The Primary School is an academy within a multi-academy trust.
This school works closely with other primary and secondary schools sharing outstanding practice, expertise and resources.
We are looking for
• Capable, reliable, independent and a good problem solver, able to use own initiative, and prioritise their own workload
• Has a strong awareness of health and safety and able to carry out key compliance checks methodically
• Is able carrying out general maintenance and DIY tasks, commissioning and managing external contractors (including contracted cleaners) where appropriate
• Is able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, including the Headteacher, school and Trust staff, students and contractors
• Is keen to contribute positively to the life of the school
• Is friendly, enthusiastic and a good teamworker
The role requires that the successful candidate will:
• Ensure that the necessary Legislative and Health & Safety requirements are met
• Ensure the school sites and buildings are maintained to a good, safe standard
• Ensure appropriate security measures and procedures for the site building and facilities
• Be the main key holder, attending to out of hours call outs
• Ensure premises, cleaning, repair and equipment are maintained and developed in an effective and planned manner.
• Ensure risk assessments are monitored and kept up to date with necessary recommendations of any actions.
• Ensure the effective implementation of repairs, maintenance and cleaning programmes.
• Promote and maximise the use of buildings and facilities and income.
• Implement, follow and promote energy conservation measures within the school.
• Implement and promote the school policies and procedures relating to all areas of employment and service delivery.
Please see the job description and person specification for full details of the responsibilities of the post and the requirements of the successful candidate.
Why work at our School
An opportunity to work in a welcoming, friendly environment
An opportunity to work with a highly motivated, engaged and supportive leadership team
Exceptional CPD opportunities
Work life and family friendly policies
Closing date for applications: 9am, Wednesday 14th October 2020
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 20th October. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, interviews may be held virtually via video conference
You will need an enhanced DBS for this position.
Due to the large volume of response we receive you will only be contacted if your skills and experience match what our client is looking for As defined under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Integritas Education is a Data Controller and a Data Processor, and our legal basis for processing your personal data is 'Legitimate Interests’. You have the right to object to us processing your data in this way. For more information about this, your rights, and our approach to Data Protection and Privacy, please visit our website