25 days paid holiday, free gym, enhanced pemsion, death in service and lots more staff benefits
The Stockwood Park Academy are seeking a proactive and hands-on Site Agent to join our Facilities Team. We are looking for an individual with good handy-person skills and eagerness to carry out the work in an efficient manner. You will join our friendly and good-humoured Facilities Department to help keep our Academy safe, clean and in a good state of repair. We are seeking a committed Site Agent who will carry out general repairs and maintenance, liaise with contractors and suppliers and ensure our Academy maintains a high level of health and safety.
At our Academy, you will find supportive and encouraging colleagues within school leadership and throughout the school. It is incredibly important to us here at The Stockwood Park Academy that all our staff feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop.
If you want to grow and develop in a varied and interesting role, come and join us.
- Ensure the school is secure out of working hours, following correct procedures for alarm systems
- Simple plumbing, electrical, joinery and decoration work
- Maintaining premises in a good state of repair
- Addressing Health and Safety issues
The successful candidate will have
·A hardworking committed colleague to join the site-team at TSPA.
·3-5 years’ experience of facilities management
·BMS system experience would be useful.
·DIY maintenance of buildings and site-management is required
VISION AND PURPOSE
Responsible to the Head of School for the attention required to keep the School functioning, particularly in the areas of:
- Security of premises.
- Heating and Lighting.
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
- Maintaining premises in good state of repair.
- Addressing Health and Safety Issues
Head of School
1.Assist in the security of premises:
a.Ensure school is secure out of working hours, following correct procedures for alarm systems
b.Ensure all doors and windows are secured and all lights and heaters are switched off after use
c.Undertake the responsibility of key holder as required
d.Ensure school is open for pupils each school day and to persons who have hired the premises for public or private use
e.Carry out all necessary checks to ensure fire alarms, extinguishers and related equipment is fully functional at all times.
2.Help to ensure that the temperature within the school is maintained at appropriate levels and that all heating and lighting equipment operates efficiently, is regularly maintained with due consideration to energy efficiency. Where appropriate, ensure adequate supplies of fossil fuels are available to enable continuity of heating.
3.Assist the Site Agent to ensure that standards of cleanliness are maintained within the school including monitor work of cleaning employees as required and providing cleaning cover for any accidental spillages, etc. which may constitute a health hazard or as directed by the head teacher. Ensure that cleaning materials are stored and used in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
4.Carry out the prescribed tasks in the letting procedure for the school. This may include maintaining a diary of usage, taking and receipting payment and showing potential users facilities available.
5.Undertake other duties as required by the post. This will include take delivery and store materials, undertake porterage duties, ensure that school site is kept clean and safe, e.g. clearing litter and gritting ice, etc. Ensure all equipment used in cleaning tasks is maintained to required standards. Identify and report to head teacher any repairs and maintenance work required.
6.Assist in ensuring all appropriate records and documentation are kept in accordance with regulations and as directed by the principal.
7.Building maintenance related duties - carry out handyperson duties in respect of minor temporary repairs (see notes below).
- simple tap repairs
- ball valve replacements
- clearing blocked sinks, wash basins, baths, urinals, etc.
- clearing drainage blocks (above ground level) where visible and accessible
- replacement of toilet seats
- lavatory (cistern), pull chains and handles, etc.
- replace plugs on bath, sink, and wash hand basins
- replace with equal broken pipe brackets, fix or re-fix ditto - toilet roll holders
- cleaning gutters, rainwater pipes and gullies
- attention to simple leaks suing compression or plastic fittings as appropriate
- conduct regular Legionella temperature testing and flushing regime
- replacement of all types of tubes and lamps
- monitoring of Building Management System to include re-booting of the system when required
- re-fixing of dislodged light fitting diffusers
- removal of broken light fitting diffusers
- replacement of missing screws from light switches and socket outlets
- replacing fuses (on a like-for-like basis)
- fitting of new and replacement plug tops
- Regular sound testing of all bell circuits, fire alarms, class change
- simple repairs to skirting, door and door frames, windows, furniture and fittings including attention to door handles, catches and locks
- re-fixing or replacing door stops, restraining catches, hooks, etc.
- easing doors for correct opening and closing, like-for-like hinge replacements
- fix shelves and pin boarding
- replace coat hooks, curtain tracks, etc.
- simple type redecoration, using proprietary paints and finishes
- Checking all heating elements, i.e. radiators, convectors, fan assisted convectors etc. for correct operation and clean annually. Air vent when necessary, re-fix loose and damaged casings.
- Inspect / replace where necessary filters and belts on Air Handling Units (AHU’s)
- Regularly, once per month, r