|Salary||£10.46 per hour||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
This is a non-student-facing, operations based role, the main responsibilities of which would include:
• To act as the first point of contact for visitors and general staff queries, providing comprehensive responses in a timely manner.
• To provide administrative support to key members of staff and groups that may include Heads of Department, School Head of Education, School Head of Research and the Self-Assessment Team. This will include: Organising meetings and booking rooms Distributing agendas, taking minutes, preparing them for approval by the Chair and ensuring that follow up action is taken. Distributing paperwork as required.
• Supporting financial processing in the School, raising purchase requisitions on the University finance system, booking travel and accommodation for academic staff and receiving and coding expenses claim forms.
• Assisting with events organisation in the School, booking rooms, ordering catering and helping with other arrangements.
• Ensuring various finance and HR trackers are updated and maintained.
• Logging and reporting IT and maintenance issues on behalf of academic staff
• Photocopying and filing documents as required.
• Assisting with academic interviews, being available to meet and greet candidates on the day and carry out right to work checks.
Person Specification and Qualifications
The diligent individual we would like to fulfil this role should have strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal). They should be sensitive when it comes to handling confidential information. They should be proficient in Microsoft packages such as Word and Excel, and in using email.
They should have a good standard of education – an undergraduate degree would be desirable, a minimum GCSE Grade C in English and Maths (or equivalent) is essential. Previous experience of working in HE administration would also be desirable, but not essential.
If this role is of interest please apply