Scheduler - Traffic Management
|Job Title:||Scheduler - Traffic Management|
|Salary:||£19500.00 - £23500.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Blue Arrow|
|Job Published:||July 16, 2019 14:04|
Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working in partnership with the UK's leading Utility service provider.
Our client is responsible to help renew, refurbish and maintain their customer's infrastructure and networks throughout the UK.
Due to their continued growth, we are now looking to recruit 5 Planners / Schedulers to support in providing excellent operational support and continuous customer service to customers.
Full-time - 45 hours per week
Monday - Friday - 7:00am - 4:30pm - occasional weekend work will also be required on a shift pattern and is paid as overtime.
Please note working on bank holidays may also be required, and will be paid at overtime rate.
£19,000 - £23,500 (depending on experience)
Why should you apply?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a great organisation, where long term / permanent opportunities are available.
This would suit individual's looking for a new long-term career opportunity offering immediate work, with the chance of permanent employment.
* Free on-site parking is available
* On-site canteen
* 25 days annual leave + 8 Bank holidays after successful period of time
What can Blue Arrow offer you?
* Holiday entitlement (28 days including bank holidays)
* Access to high street discounts
* Company pension scheme
* Nominated entry to Blue Arrow 'Superstar of the month' award, giving you the change to win high street shopping vouchers
* Dedicated consultant
* Blue Arrow uniform (where necessary)
* Weekly pay
About the role:
You would be working as key member of the team in a busy fast paced environment, and your core focus will be to ensure consistent and smooth operational processes are implemented.
Duties will include:
* Plan effectively by considering Location / Material and Traffic Management
* Using SAP system
* Scheduling of work orders in accordance
* Providing accurate information and guidance for travel routes to increase productivity.
* Dealing with difficult situations in a calm, professional and friendly manner
* Liaise with Council/Highway Authorities (road closures/footpath closures, traffic management etc, and complete relevant forms as required.
* Previous planning / scheduling experience is essential
* Previous administration experience is essential
* Excellent telephone manner
* Strong IT skills including with the MS packages particularly Microsoft Excel
* Previous experience with SAP is essential
* Previous experience with Click Software is desirable
* Ability to be both pro-active and reactive in a timely and professional manner
* Bring good judgement, show excellent use of initiative and be an effective multi-tasker.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to confidently support and encourage others
* Ability to work effectively independently as well as part of a team
* Flexible work attitude
* Efficient timekeeping and organisational skills
* Can consistently demonstrate a high level of thoroughness and accuracy in your work
* Show excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Ability to work well under pressure ensuring a professional and calm manner is kept at all times
If you have a car and are flexible with travel great! If you're limited to public transport, there are bus routes available however you must have flexibility in this due to the location. Our Client is located just outside of Derby City Centre.
The Next Stage:
If you are interested in the above role, and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible. We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's