|Salary||£19500 - £23500 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
Do you want to be a part of a company that provides an essential service to our 15 million customers? Do you pride yourself in being able to make a real difference to deliver exceptional customer service? This is an excellent opportunity to work for the UK’s largest water and sewerage company, Thames Water.
You will be responsible for managing the planned and reactive work ensuring it is appropriately prioritised and completed by the field teams. You will prioritise planned and reactive work based on criticality.
This role requires a high level of co-ordination skills, managing multiple tasks and systems at one time. Your day to day duties will include:
- Ensure field staff has enough work in schedule.
- Working closely with the planner to deliver an efficient scheduler.
- Manage high priority work using resource efficiently and effectively.
- Manage work in a non-completed status and follow up any actions.
- Building a strong rapport and networking with planners, field managers and technicians.
- You will have a direct impact in the delivery of Thames Water’s maintenance plan.
- Good communication and co-ordination skills as well as the ability to work well independently.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities and remain calm under pressure.
- Self-motivated, resilient and outgoing in order to succeed.
- Customer service skills would also be highly advantageous for this position.
- Possess the ability to challenge and be assertive where necessary, as well as the ability to multitask efficiently.
- The ability to prioritise workload effectively to deliver and efficient scheduled in a high pressured and demanding environment.
- You will ideally hold some technical experience using systems such as Microsoft packages, SAP and CRM however this is not essential.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly motivated and fast-paced team within Thames Water to provide a first class service to our customers, provide guidance and leadership to field members, promoting customer excellence as well as working alongside a variety of different internal stakeholders.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.