Sales Manager Wind - SEA
|Job Title:||Sales Manager Wind - SEA|
|Location:||Thailand or Indonesia|
|Salary:||Competitive dependent upon experience|
|Start Date:||2019-06-10 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kay Sproulle|
|Job Published:||June 03, 2019 08:43|
The purpose of this role is to raise the profile of ALE and secure orders for work in the wind sector, in order to support the continued growth and development of our wind energy business in the far east region and Australia. The successful candidate will understand the key motivators behind a customer’s decision to select a product or service, and will be able to tailor ALE’s offering to meet those criteria. Your role will be split between developing sales opportunities and managing a team of salespeople and administrative personnel.
You will be an experienced sales person in the wind energy sector with an understanding of engineering and project management. You will enjoy both communicating with clients and helping them to solve problems.
The marketplace in the region is diverse with opportunities in a number of locations. You will have the drive and self-confidence to hunt out these opportunities, and then the tenacity to turn them into sales.Main responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for sales performance in the region, including that of yourself and your team
- Seeking out new customers, markets and business opportunities. Complete research and undertake prospecting activity, supported by the sales team.
- Working to a planned schedule, to meet with new and prospective clients to establish and build relationships, develop and maintain networks, and identify opportunities to support clients in resolving their heavy lifting, transport and other related needs.
- Sell the full range of ALE services, focusing on the features and benefits of ALE’s innovative range of solutions
- Present new ALE innovations and project solutions to small and large groups of clients and other interested parties
- Prepare and co-ordinate quotations and proposals for contracts in line with guidelines for sales and contract management. Ensure correct interpretation of contract terms and conditions and maximise revenue by adding value.
- Identify and secure business from new and existing customers, and ensure customer satisfaction through meeting with them to interpret their current and future needs. Assess the relationship between the two companies.
- Reporting of all sales activity for the region on a timely and accurate basis into Customer Relationship Management System (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Negotiate with internal and/or external parties, work with the ALE team to successfully secure contract, and monitor compliance in line with internal processes.
- Report sales activity and forecasts highlighting successes and warning of coming challenges
- Liaise with subcontractors during preparation of bids and tenders
- Degree educated – ideally in an engineering discipline
- Familiar with project forwarding / heavy lifting and transport markets and technology associated with renewables and wind energy
- Knowledge of engineering industry
- Track record of closing deals and achieving / exceeding targets successfully
- Technical sales
- Commercial experience in the civils, oils and gas, renewables markets
- Experience of living and working in the far east
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Leading a team
- Intermediate Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Outlook
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Capable of writing proposal documents in English to an appropriate business standard
- Able to identify prospective business opportunities
- Confident presenter
- Good analytical ability
- Negotiating Skills
- Able to positively influence individuals and groups
- Outgoing and friendly
- Goal and task driven
- High level of self-motivation and self-management
- Tenacious and energetic
- Adapting and responding to change must be second nature
- Problem Solver
- Calm under pressure
- Commercial and entrepreneurial thinker
- Willing to travel and work internationally
- Current and valid driving license
- Full passport for overseas travel
- Visa if required
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items.
Our expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on our projects in a safety critical environment.
ALE serve a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, ranging from power generation to ports, from renewables to oil and gas, and from civil engineering to mining. We work both onshore and offshore, and in many other challenging environments from high altitude, to desert and even arctic conditions. Our customers include the top global Engineering Procurement and Contracting companies (EPCs), oil and gas companies, NOCs, major infrastructure specialists, governments, ports and other contractors.
Formed in 1983, ALE employs 2,100 people in more than 40 businesses across the world. The company has grown tenfold in the last ten years, and is continuing to reach out to new locations and sectors.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Sales Manager (HVAC)
£60000 per annum
Area Sales Manager
£38950 per annum
Sales Account Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne
£18000 - £30000 per annum
Graduate Sales Account Manager
£20000 per annum
Agricultural Equipment Sales Manager
£30000 - £40000 per annum