Sales Manager Marine Diesel
|Job Title:||Sales Manager Marine Diesel|
|Salary:||£50000 - £70000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robert Hannan|
|Job Published:||March 12, 2019 10:17|
Working for a leading UK Distributor and reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing
POSITION COMPLEXITY AND SCOPE:
i) MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY (type of position, size of staff, reporting lines):
• Team of 6 people covering Sales, Service, Technical Support, Workshop Manufacture and Administration.
ii) DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY (describe type and limits of decision making activities):
• Workshop loading.
• Policy credits.
• All general commercial decisions.
• Individual customer price lists
• Any items that can increase the efficiency, profit and growth of the division and company.
• Suggestions for new markets and / or products.
• Suggestions to improve the division's efficiency and profitability.
• Forecasting engine sales stating T/O and G/P.
• Marketing budget.
• Negotiating prices with suppliers.
• Negotiating prices with customers.
• Achievements of monthly targets for T/O and G/P including the control of direct selling costs.
• Stock management including aged stock management.
• Customer credit management in conjunction with the Credit Control department.
v) WORKING RELATIONSHIPS (who does this job regularly interact with in order to accomplish its major areas of responsibility):
• Marine Diesel team.
• Other departments.
• General management (including contribution to monthly order book report).
• Suppliers at all levels
• All customers, suppliers, external and internal staff.
END RESULTS ACHIEVED
Day to day running of the division.
Complete co-ordination & management of the division.
Focused approach on the customer's needs.
Achieve or exceed budgets.
Work with sales, service and technical teams on monthly objectives.
Keep focused on business (not chasing people).
Be available for all customers. Hands on working with any subject engines, service, tech support, sales and parts.
Customer can obtain decisions quickly.
Chase / progress internal systems and people.
To obtain the best result / delivery for the customers and in turn grow business and customer loyalty.
Constant contact with suppliers.
Maintain and develop relationships with suppliers.
Ensure product available on time, projects completed, warranty paid, all issues progressed.
Become indispensable to suppliers.
Visit Customer base.
Develop the dealer networks.
Keep in touch with market and support sales team.
Increase market share.
Development of product sales & profitable dealership growth.
Order all product.
Ensure correct stock available to sell.
Report to the Managing Director and Sales & Marketing Director.
Keep upper management team informed.
Other duties and tasks that are allocated to you at the discretion of the company, within your capabilities and within the scope of your post.
(minimum qualification for this position)
i) FORMAL TRAINING (state specific courses, qualifications and credentials required):
• City & Guilds Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship or workshop trained.
• HNC or Full Mechanical Engineering Certification preferred.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Full car licence is essential.
ii) EXPERIENCE (state type and amount of previous experience required):
• Minimum of 5 years in field sales experience in the Inboard Marine Diesel engine markets or related business.
• Experience in applications, engineering and service would be an advantage.
• Some supervisory and management experience would be an advantage.
• Public speaking and presentation experience.
iii) KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (state type and level of job related skills needed and specialised knowledge required to accomplish expected results):
• Aptitude for working under pressure in a structured efficient manner.
• Thorough attention to detail and follow up of actions with customers, new sales leads, across the divisions and with other colleagues within the Company.
• Marketing and publicity skills.
• Excellent communication skills for all contacts: oral, telephone and written work.
• Team working skills.
• Financial forecasting including the effect of currency changes.
Strategic planning for the development of the business.
• Understanding of the detail and implementation of ISO 9001-2008.
• Diesel engine product knowledge.
• Knowledge of the marine diesel and ancillary equipment preferred.
• Customer orientated with proven in-field experience.
• Be self motivated.
• Prepared to work unsociable hours when required.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience within the marine diesel sector, including experience of running a sales team.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please contact Robert Hannan at Marine Resources to discuss this opportunity in confidence on 02380 633 399.
All direct / third party applications will be referred back to Marine Resources.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£65000 - £70000 per annum
Sales Account Manager
£25000 - £35000 per annum
UK Area Sales Manager
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£30000 - £35000 per annum + OTE £50,000
Area Sales Manager
£28000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Commission, company car
Business Development & Sales Manager
Welwyn Garden City
£50000 - £65000 per annum, Benefits: Company bonus scheme, company car/car allowance scheme, pension