Sales Manager - Guildford
|Job Title:||Sales Manager - Guildford|
|Salary:||Up to £30000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Blue Arrow|
|Job Published:||April 25, 2019 08:58|
Job title: Meeting & Events Sales Manager
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Contract type: Permanent
Shifts: up to 40 hours over 5 days a week
Are you an experienced Hotel Sales and Events Coordinator ready to take the next step?
We have a fantastic opportunity to head up a small sales team at this recently refurbished Country House Hotel on the outskirts of Guildford. Sitting in the heart of the Surrey Hills, this idyllic location is 15 minutes from Guildford town and 45 mins from Central London.
Events cover a range of styles from conferences, corporate events, weddings, private dining, celebration dinners and party nights for the festive period. There are 5 meeting/function rooms along with 4 designated syndicate rooms. Events range from intimate dinners for 2 to corporate or wedding events up to 80 with evening functions with bar service for 120.
- To reactively and proactively sell the Hotel in all aspects of conference and banqueting.
- To handle telephone, email and online enquiries for functions including weddings, conferences and private dining.
- To carry out showrounds and appointments at the hotel.
- Completing the necessary administration to ensure the event is successful from a customer service and financial point of view
- To ensure the production of accurately and timely function information ensuring it is effectively communicated to the operational managers.
- Managing a team of 2 to ensure they are successful in all aspects of the sales process
- Recruit, train and performance manage your team
- Review and action all aspects of guest feedback
- Ensure the best financial use of all conference and banqueting space
- To generate new leads and enquiries as well as maintaining existing/return business
- Attend external sales events locally to support the Group Sales team
- Recommend ideas and initiatives to develop sales/revenue for meetings and events business
- Full time role including some weekends where sales appointments require.
- Local travel
- Previous hotel sales and events experience within a quality environment
- Proven ability to achieve sales budgets in an events environment
- Smart appearance and friendly telephone manner
- Strong organisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and co-ordinate priorities effectively
- Salary of £30,000
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's