|Job Title:||Sales Manager|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robert Hannan|
|Job Published:||February 22, 2019 09:53|
Working for a leading provider of stabilised satellite antenna systems for the commercial and leisure marine sectors, the primary role of the Sales Account Manager, EMEA is to drive business growth for all products through strategic account management and business development. The Sales Account Manager will develop a strategic plan for their regional partners based on their understanding of the individual vertical markets, and execute planned tactical activities to drive revenue growth and deliver maximum gross margin for the business. The individual should dynamically serve their customers in line with the values of the company and identify with the long-term strategy of the business.
Key Account Management Duties
• Day-to-day account management of EMEA accounts for related products, ensuring that each vertical and regional market is managed in a dynamic and professional manner.
• Development of a strategic account plan for accounts, factoring their competitive position, key products and company strategy to increase market share.
• Support back office and service teams to ensure that each respective customer receives the highest possible level of service.
• Ensure management is provided with realistic forecasts via Salesforce for each respective account and is kept informed about significant changes in development as they occur.
• Conduct win/loss reviews using data in Salesforce to identify how to increase the overall percentage of wins / reducing losses.
• Develop relationships with the key decision makers for each respective account, gaining the overall trust of sales partners.
• Reaching sales revenue and margin targets on time and in time.
• Ensuring that any major conflicts with customers in respect to overall customer service levels and billing conflicts/issues are resolved.
Business Development Duties
• Effective opportunity management, using Salesforce to capture sales opportunities, including key opportunity details and competitor information, to leverage commercial support and win new business.
• Assess sales opportunities early in the sales cycle to ensure that we are pursuing the correct and appropriate opportunities and working effectively in order to mature each respective sales opportunity.
• Effective pipeline management, using Salesforce to track an opportunity throughout the sales process, until closure.
• The timely supply of sales quotations in accordance with the pricing guidelines, providing the most effective response and price point for each respective opportunity.
• Understanding the strengths and weaknesses of competitors in order to develop the appropriate sales messaging to deliver market share growth.
• Responsible for compiling and presenting sales activity data to the sales team in order to continuously enhance our commercial performance levels and reputation.
• Utilise key contacts and market research to identify new potential customers that could boost overall sales activity for products.
• Supporting the key contacts for accounts, dealing with the day-to-day obstacles, customer objections and competitive situations as they arise.
• Conducting regular and timely sales calls to each account, identifying strategic accounts that require a higher presence in order to mature effectively.
• Managing each presented quotation, the contract review process and the leading the negotiation on large projects in coordination with the sales team.
• Ensuring that the pricing and margins are at the correct levels considering that the correct approvals are received in line with the company procedures.
• Proactively meeting with customers on a regular basis after a respective deal is matured to ensure customer satisfaction and Post Sales procedures are concluded.
• Ensure that the Executive team is leveraged within each appropriate opportunity at key points during the sales process.
• Networking with key cross functional teams to identify the resources required maturing each sales opportunity.
• Ensure that the technical and commercial skill set is maintained to ensure that our customers receive the most effective and professional level of service and knowledge for products and the associated services.
• In conjunction with Management, setting expectations and performance monitors (KPI's) in order to ensure that the annual targets are achieved.
• In conjunction with the service team, defining and implementing Service Level Agreement (SLA's) as required.
• BA in Business or similar degree
• 3+ years sales experience with a solid understanding of the Maritime TVRO and VSAT market.
• Ideally connected to strategic contacts within the various verticals within the Maritime Industry, including; Commercial Shipping, Fishing, Cruise, Energy and Leisure verticals.
• A proven and visible track record to reach assigned sales targets.
• Excellent commercial skills with an ability to think creatively in order to mature sales opportunities.
• A high level of self-motivation and enthusiasm and capable of working within a team environment. A positive attitude, co-operative and willing to comply with the company policies and procedures.
• Must have good business and personal judgment, be knowledgeable about each customer and have the ability to motivate each distributor.
• Good written/verbal communication and organizational skills essential.
• Solid tactical skills and the ability to draw logical conclusions from a limited amount of data available.
• Excellent computer skills and the ability to present and manipulate data in MS Excel as required.
This role will entail significant European travel: around 30% of this person's time will be spent visiting clients in Europe.
All candidates need to be eligable to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's