Sales and Procurement Assistant
- Job Reference: 00051784-1
- Date Posted: 22 December 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Barton-le-Clay, Bedfordshire
- Salary: £24,000
- Sector: Administration
- Job Type: Permanent
If you are into all things aerospace and aeroplanes and love the idea of getting into supplies and purchasing, we have a lovely opportunity for you!
Our client. based just outside of Luton, Beds, is looking for a Sales and Procurement Assistant to join their team asap. Due to location, you do need to have access to transport to get there.
* 28 Days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
* Pension scheme
* free parking
* early Friday finish on occasion
* career path development offered
Hours: Mon - Fri 37.5hrs per week (early finish Friday)
Benefits: 28 days holidays (inc bank holidays)
early finish Friday
Our client operates as a value-added distributor of electronic, electro-mechanical components and assemblies, holding both AS9100 and 9120 accreditations. They stock tens of million components and command a network of global sourcing and they are looking for ideally someone with aerospace sector experience, to join them - this is not a prerequisite though.
They have a team of 14 in this location and many more globally.
The successful candidate will possess Sales and Procurement knowledge and will be responsible for delivering and producing Customer forecasts, assisting with Requests for Quote’s (RFQs) and raising Purchase orders.
You will have a great capacity for building relationships with key vendors and manufacturers with an ability to understand and build knowledge in the aspects of Risk and Procurement.
The right person must have enthusiasm and commitment to do a great job and be an great team player and valued employee with a willingness to develop and grow with the role and the company - this is a long term established and leader in it's field and they want you to be on that journey with them.
Duties to Include:
* Liaise with the Sales Team regarding their Customers’ Purchase Requirements and supporting delivering to their scheduled timeframes.
* Develop a good and trusted relationship with Key vendors and manufacturers.
* Ensure timely and successful delivery of customer requirements by way of RFQ’s (quotes) and Procurement.
* Research, evaluate and analyse problems and procedures. Identifying solutions to problems and proposed actions to rectify.
* Raising of, RFQ’s, Purchase Orders and where necessary Sales Orders.
* Preferred Aerospace knowledge would be a great advantage but not essential.
* Problem Solving Skills
* Customer service and Quality focused with commercial business awareness
* Excellent communication, listening, written and presentation skills.
* Ability to work on initiative, with a positive and confident disposition.
* Is flexible to perform ad hoc duties as the business requires.
* Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Due to Covid-19 regulations the office is working within all parameters required
If you are that great enthusiastic team-player with great attention to detail, along with the ability to build and develop engaging client relationships and have had experience in purchasing, order development then please send your CV to James Newbury Appointments for review. If you do not hear back from us, unfortunately, on this occasion you have not been shortlisted but we would like to thank you for your application