|Salary||Up to £24,000||Sector||Sales|
We are currently seeking a Sales & Events Designer to join our team at the Imperial War Museum in London. The successful candidate will be accountable for managing spectacular events from initial enquiry, through to site visits, menu tastings, planning and supporting operational teams with delivery of the event.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
Up to £24,000 + bonus
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much moreMain responsibilities
- Exceed targets by providing customers with a motivating and exemplary sales experience
- To develop existing accounts and engage with them to increase their commitment.
- Manage sales enquiries through PV&E and venue client bookings inbox
- Prepare and issue contracts and invoices for all sales in line with PV&E standards
- Manage debt through collecting payments in a timely manner in line with Company Accounting procedures
- Maintain an up to date CRM system, logging all enquiries and cleansing data
- Answer all incoming calls in a professional and efficient manner
- Understand the local & regional market in order to sell effectively against the competition from both the venue and catering perspective.
- Assist with entertaining, sales missions, networking and exhibitions and at all times act as an ambassador for both Sodexo Prestige Venues & Events, Heritage Portfolio and the venue client
- Attend relevant team meetings
- Maintain accurate records on current key clients and prospects through the CRM system.
- Deliver a consistent level of performance within the Company's standards and agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets.
- Comply with all Company & client policies and procedures as required, together with statutory regulations and legislative requirements relating to such matters as employment law, safe systems of work, health & safety, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH etc.
- Achieve personal KPI's to be agreed with Line Manager
- A proven track record in a sales or events role
- A strong knowledge of the local market
- A good researcher, negotiator, and client focussed approach
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication verbal & written skills
- Excellent business relationship building skills and understanding of customer needs
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver measureable sales targets
- Excellent time management and organisational skills in order to prioritise various job demands
- Proven negotiation skill
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.