About our client
Our client are a fast-paced SME with ambitious plans to make wind power an even greener form of energy. They have won multiple awards for their innovation and approach to market. From their two sites in Scotland, they operate across the UK and are expanding into Europe. Our client's growth plans mean that they are expanding their sales team across Scotland and are recruiting for a self-motivated Sales administrator. There will be new opportunities for development and career progression over the next few years. This client already has Veterans as part of their team so understand the skills that can be brought from a military career.
About the Role
The Sales Administrator reports to the Head of Sales. They are responsible for supporting all aspects of sales activity which can range around 400 enquiries per month. The role covers all aspects of the sales process from acceptance of quote by the customer through to the product(s) being successfully delivered and used, creating the happy customer. Typical activities include extensive internal liaison between the sales team and our refurbishment workshop and warehouse as well as external liaison and coordination of suppliers and customers. Successful candidates will act as the customer advocate within the business and may have to communicate with customers regarding challenges in the sales/delivery process.
The Sales Administrator is responsible for:
- Processing new sales and quotations
- Managing customer enquiries and correspondence
- Updating sales database with market information
- Working with the warehouse and suppliers to manage customer expectations
- Managing pricing data for products and services on internal systems
- Securing market and pricing intelligence on competitors
- Providing general office admin support to the team
- Ensuring adherence to the quality management system
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to build relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organised
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a small team in a fast-paced environment
- ‘Can do’ attitude with the ability to juggle multiple and often conflicting priorities
- Strong IT skills, particularly MS Excel, and CRM/ERP Systems
- Previous experience in a logistics/warehouse environment or previous experience working with technical components
- Commercial acumen to identify further sales opportunities for the sales team.
The expected salary will be between £19K - £21K dependant on experience. To find out more, send us your CV and we can set up a confidential discussion.