|Salary||£9.50 - £10.00 per hour||Sector||Miscellaneous|
You will report into the Director of Safety and will support the safety team in the effective management of the Safety Management System (SMS).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Director of Safety in operational and administrational SMS duties.
- Assist with the management of SMS action plans for the senior and line management teams, and provide guidance and advice on compliance, continuous improvement and best SMS practice.
- Support SMS investigations.
- Monitor the incoming ASR / MOR database and alert, when required, the safety team any updates to risk assessments or MOR's that are required.
- Research and communicate potential risks that could apply to AOC, or operating procedures and assist in the promulgation of such information to the business, via articles in our safety newsletter, bulletins or alerts.
- Assist in the development and review of the operator’s safety survey, consider what learning the safety team need to ascertain and how this can be monitored for trends.
- Assist with the creation and review of content for the continued development of the departmental safety manual (as incorporated into the Business Manual)
- Assist in maintaining accident and incident records, files, and reports. Requires data entry and corrections to files on an as needed basis.
- Conduct safety audits.
- Provide general admin support to the safety team as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director of Safety.
- You will have good interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to motivate others and maintain a positive environment
- You should be a results-oriented strategic thinker with a proven track record of long-range planning.
- You should feel confident working in a dynamic fast paced atmosphere and calm under pressure.
- You will be an engaging individual with a can-do attitude who is comfortable working towards individual goals whilst contributing in a team environment.
- You will be a challenging yet logical thinker, who is able to process lots of information and has ability to focus on a wide range of aspects to piece a holistic view of a potential risk/hazard or compliance issue either specific to part of or applicable across the AOC.