Room Leader - Pre-School
- Job Reference: 00039735-1
- Date Posted: 19 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Kennington, Kent
- Salary: £23,004 to £23,712
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Despite the challenges of the coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis we are still recruiting for staff in our nurseries. We are only able to conduct telephone interviews at this point in time as we need to follow the Government’s guidelines on social distancing.
London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) is keen to hear from you and the Recruitment Team will be reviewing all applications. We will then be offering telephone interviews to successful candidates. We can then advise you on the next stage in the recruitment process. Please keep applying.
Nursery Practitioner/ Nursery Nurse/ Room Leader/ Third in Charge Full Time – 5 days a week - Henry Fawcett Nursery & Pre-School
Hours: 40 hours
Salary: 23,004- 23,712
Location: Clayton St, Oval, London SE11 5BZ
Henry Fawcett Nursery & Pre-School is located in Kennington,South London is now looking for a Room Leader for the Baby Room. The successful candidate must be able to confidently manage the day to day running of the room, whilst encouraging the team, motivate learning and positively managing every child’s well-being.
Our new Room Leader will lead the room and a team of Early Years professionals to create and plan daily routines featuring activities that encourage children’s curiosity. You will be role modelling behaviours for other members of staff as well as for the children with your creativity and passion.
The successful candidate will have
* Leadership and team management skills
* Level 3 or above in Early Years Childcare or equivalent
* To build and maintain strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
* To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care
* Knowledge of legislation relevant to Early Years such as EYFS, SEN, safeguarding
* Ability, flexibility and willingness to take on other responsibilities or duties as deemed necessary
* To build strong, supportive and professional relationships with the team
* Have a passion for making a difference in their communities
* A child centred approach to teaching using creative and exciting methods to engage and stimulate
* 50% off of childcare
* £750 refer a friend bonus
* 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days over the Christmas period
* Full access to LEYF Academy – minimum of 8 days per year training covering mandatory courses and additional professional development designed.
* 10% GLL Gym discount
* 7% employer contribution towards pension
* A guaranteed salary increase after probation
* Annual travel loan
* Free life assurance
* Access to our work life support services
* Annual LEYF social events; New Year’s Awards ceremony, Conference and Summer BBQ
The London Early Years Foundation (LEYF) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks and an enhanced DBS will be required