Rooflight Installation and Service Engineer (Fitter's Mate)
- Job Reference: 00019116-1
- Date Posted: 10 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Mildenhall, Suffolk
- Salary: £25,000 to £28,000
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Mining / Oil / Gas, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Glazing Renovations, part of the Glazing Vision Group, are specialist nationwide commercial glazing refurbishment contractors. Our works vary from small one-off specialist glass replacement projects through to large comprehensive major glazing refurbishment packages.
Glazing Renovations provide a range of high quality commercial glazing services. We work with our clients by tailoring each glazing job to suit our clients’ exact requirements. This flexible approach sees us conducting a range of works from high level, difficult access glass replacements, leak and water ingress repairs, full component replacement including glass, gasketry, pressure plates, capping details, weather seals and all associated glazing system components across the United Kingdom.
Our highly experienced in-house technical consultants and fully qualified technicians are often called upon by our clients (architects, facility managers and construction project managers etc.) to undertake full specification and complete management of their refurbishment and upgrade glazing projects.
Glazing Renovations are now offering a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our Installation Teams. This individual must have a full UK driving licence.
The Rooflight Installation and Service Engineer (Fitter's Mate) will assist the Senior Installation and Service Engineer with installations, commissions and remedial works of Glazing Vision rooflights where necessary in commercial and residential environments across the UK.There may also be a requirement to work outside of the UK including Europe and the USA.
* Working with the Senior Engineer to install both standard and bespoke product range of rooflights.
* Assisting the Senior Engineer with onsite rooflight maintenance and servicing.
* Assisting the Senior Engineer with onsite dimensional surveys.
* Undertake any administration required for site paperwork and timesheets.
* Undertake tasks allocated by the Senior Engineer, liaise onsite with client, architect, site personnel and other trades or contractors such as crane and delivery companies.
* Comply with all Health & Safety and operational site regulations.
* Working to the company standards and Health & Safety requirements.
* Take responsibility for any PPE, general equipment and tools that are issued to you by the company.
* Undertake any short notice repairs and callouts to private residential properties to assess and remedy faults.
* Follow company processes and procedures with the companies efficiency and reputation in mind.
* A flexible attitude towards working hours.
* Experience of working with electronics / glass.
* Health and Safety awareness.
* The occasional overnight stay in the UK may be required as well as occasional weekend work. There may also be a requirement to work out side of the UK including USA and Europe.
* CSCS card (you will either have one or need to obtain one)
Full Time, permanent contract.
£25,000 to £28,000 per annum
(hourly rate is £8.72 - with overtime up to £28,000 per annum)
Reference ID: GR/IS Team 1/2020
Application deadline: 31/08/2020
Expected start date: 14/09/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£28,000.00 per year
To comply with COVID-19 guidelines and protection full PPE is provided. Face masks/ Visors/ Gloves