|Salary||£25000 - £40000 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
This role will play an important part in managing, mitigating and ultimately reducing risk in the Reading/Newbury water production area. Alongside this it is expected that the role will drive local optimisation initiatives to drive down £/Ml, fixed/variable unit rates and improve overall operating efficiency of our water treatment works and booster stations.
The role sits within the technical team and is vital to ensure the operations team are compliant to standards relating to water production by utilising their career experience and skills.
This role will involve:
- Proactive working with the operational team to identify risks across the area, managing APS and proposing business cases for in-year risk based funding.
- Ongoing management of the APS risk process to include risk updates, scoring, heat maps and waivers.
- Producing local improvement plans (procedural and investment) to ensure that the area business plan and regulatory targets are met.
- Work with the operational team and contractors to design and plan solutions for risks. Includes management of contractors effectively to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Providing an interface between Operations, Major Projects and Capital Delivery (Eight2O) for site improvement schemes.
- Providing technical input to maintain site operating manuals, site specific procedures, site schematics and other controlled documents.
- Provide technical support for complex, non-routine work, when requested by the operational team. This includes but is not limited to fault-finding in the treatment process, assisting in reviewing method statements, or creating safe systems of works and isolation procedures.
- Liaising with asset management to inform AMP7 capital investment needs.
- Identifying asset optimisation opportunities to drive down £/ML.
- Liaising with Control teams to identify and support control strategy optimisation.
- Required to participate in an out of hour’s event coordinator rota, responding to calls and addressing issues raised.
We are keen to see applicants who have relevant work experience within water production, or are educated with ONC/HNC or equivalent in field related to technical specialism.
Corporate membership of relevant professional body is also a desirable quality but not essential. Suitable applicants will be able to deliver against stretching operational targets, possess broad business knowledge and demonstrable commercial acumen.
You will have good interpersonal and communication skills; both written and verbal. You will also be fully competent at using in-house IT systems and Office software and will be conversant with industry standard optimisation techniques.
Due to the nature of this role you are required to have a valid full driving licence.
What’s in it for you:
As part of the management team you will be given the opportunity to play a part in supporting the Area Operations team to deliver base performance including health and safety, regulatory compliance, water quality and financial performance. This role can also offer you the freedom and scope to develop your portfolio within Thames Water.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by suppling 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy