Junior RF Test Technician
- Job Reference: 00003058-1
- Date Posted: 6 March 2020
- Location: Boscombe Down
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering, Government & Defence, I.T. & Communications
You will be responsible for:
• Supporting maintenance and operation of the RF test facilities at Boscombe Down (eg RADEX, REG and ATF )
• Delivery of validated trials data to internal customers (e.g. Trials Engineers) and external customers.
You will be joining a team who often support trials in a pressurised environment. You will be required to be sufficiently organised to support data acquisition and recording during trials activities and be able to effectively communicate and make instant decisions in support of such trials. You will generate and deliver evidence through a broad range of laboratory measurements for both military and civilian customers.
Essential Qualifications Required:
• Electrical/Electronic/RF/Communication Engineering Qualification, e.g. HNC or suitable experience such as a recognised apprenticeship;
• Full UK driving licence (manual).
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• Knowledge/understanding of RF Test and Measurement Techniques;
• A high standard of computer literacy, e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel.
Essential Personal Qualities and Behavioural Requirements:
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision;
• Organised and methodical work ethic;
• Professional attitude to both internal and external customers;
• Good problem solving abilities;
• Able to interpret and analyse test data;
• Ability to work/deliver to time, cost and quality;
• Open, honest and enthusiastic team member;
• Good written and verbal communication skills;
• Willingness to travel to external customer sites, as required.
• Knowledge of military/civil aircraft communication navigation and avionic systems;
• Working and Height/tower climbing qualified/trained;
• CAA Ground radio Operator licence;
• Supporting the delivery of a technical facility or capability;
• Technical Governance as well as the Health and Safety requirements applicable to an engineering / test facility environment;
• Knowledge of EMC test standards such as Def Stan 59-411 and Mil Std 461;
• Experience or knowledge of working within a UKAS accredited test facility;
• RF knowledge and Land/Sea/Air platform level testing experience;
• Experience of working on military aircraft platforms and or avionic systems;
• Hold a C1+E Licence for Van and Trailer;
• TACHO Regulations;
• IOSH qualification.
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?