Revit CAD Trainer
- Job Reference: 00032156-1
- Date Posted: 21 January 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Please note due to the pandemic the role is intialy working from home but will return to the Hatfield office once safe to do so.
Charlton Recruitment are looking for a Revit Cad Trainer with good Revit skills from the AEC industry who has c5 years’ experience within BIM /Revit / AutoCad technical roles for an incredibly exciting opportunity. Could be from academia, trainer , teacher background - looking for someone with genuine teaching skills with the patience and passion to impart knowledge and watch people grow.
The growth of Online Supermarket & Retail shopping in the last 10 years has been huge and this is a trend which will only continue and has even been accelerated due to the Coronavirus world pandemic.
If you are looking to move into a very high-tech rapidly growing industry which can offer exciting challenging careers using cutting edge technology, unrivalled career prospects and incredibly stable employment in uncertain times then this opportunity is for you.
This inspiring company uses advanced robotics and cutting-edge technology to enable customers in the UK and internationally to shop for their food online.
The Revit CAD Trainer will work within the Design Department will be responsible for providing quality instruction to the Cad Services department through the set out of program model objectives. The instructor will be responsible for building Revit training program which includes lesson plans, assignments, assessments, and projects; maintaining CAD technicians records and development by clearly communicating expectations and providing feedback on their progress; and to also be part of creating and conducting course/workshop evaluations. There is already a structured training scheme and programme in place and so improving and adding to material rather than creating everything from scratch.
You will Create and Coordinate with the Cad Services Manager & Revit Coordinator in the training of BIM Design workflows with the Integration Departments which would also include BIM/CAD Data training requirements and Instruction of Revit Templates, and Families/Blocks:
* Revit and AutoCAD
* SketchUp Model
Collaborate in the maintenance of Training Design standards and processes. You will be Training and Supporting the following job roles:
■ Cad/Revit Technicians
⮚ Integration Leads. Principals
⮚ Revit Coordinator
The company is truly unique and so the Revit training coupled with the firms unique systems and processes means that bespoke training must be created and delivered by the Revit CAD Trainer.
Our client is the pioneer in the online supermarket sector whom after 20 years are a FSTE 100 listed business. This is a multi-award-winning UK Technology firm with a very bright future. They develop their own ground-breaking technology they are truly world leaders in Automation, machine learning, AI and robotics. There planned growth across the world is staggering moving from 3 Customer Fulfilment Centres to 30 in 2 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for all tasks and activities related to the delivery Training of the course/workshop content
* Maintain records of performance, including administration into appropriate model systems.
* Responsible for the training ownership of an effective learning environment, including communication with TDI through methods , models , as well as workshops
* Follow a TDI course curriculum, assuring successful completion of identified learning outcomes.
* Support the current TDI standards and best practices as appropriate Cad technicians.
* Demonstrate and support professional commitment to training program goals, as well as to the TDI Division, Mission and Values.
* Attend required training and departmental meetings - Cad Services
* Give timely feedback to the Cad services on assignments,, , projects; clearly communicate expectations related to coursework.
* Maintain an open line of communication with the Cad Service manager/ Revit coordinator.
* Maintain records as required by the TDI training program
* Adapt to meet changing TDI trends and/or standards.
* Identifying Cad Services placement or advancement opportunities.
* Conduct course/workshop evaluations
What I’m I looking for:
* 5+ years of experience as a BIM / Revit / AutoCad technical Roles
* Knowledge of BIM and CAD in an AEC environment.
* Could be from acedemic, trainer , teacher background - teaching skills the key rather then very high technical proficiency.
* Demonstrates proficiency and passion for teaching.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to relate to people and impart knowledge
* Able to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
* Proficient in Autodesk Revit across AEC disciplines (architectural, structural and MEP).
* Software and Hardware management experience.
* Able to work effectively with a team
* High level/Advanced level of proficiency in Autodesk Revit – ideally Autodesk certified
* Good technical ability relating to automation (no essential)
* Be proactive in the performance of the Design Department and provide advice and feedback.
* Build and maintain a strong working relationship with all colleagues
Getting to the office
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Intially working from home due to pandemic.
Packages On Offer
Revit CAD Trainer Competitive Salary
Package include Free Shares + share schemes, private medical, 15% off shopping, Pension, gym
Holidays 25 days holiday