Revit CAD Technician
- Job Reference: 00008765-1
- Date Posted: 1 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
I am looking for multiple CAD/Revit Technicians from the AEC industry for an incredibly exciting opportunity.
The growth of Online Supermarket & Retail shopping in the last 10 years has been huge and this is a trend which will only continue and has even been accelerated due to the Coronavirus world pandemic.
If you are looking to move into a very high-tech rapidly growing industry which can offer exciting challenging careers using cutting edge technology, unrivalled career prospects and incredibly stable employment in uncertain times then this opportunity is for you.
I am looking for CAD / Revit Technicians to work in the Design department to create detailed Technical CAD designs and drawings (in Revit) during the design phase of multi-million pound full automated, very high-tech food warehouses known as Customer Fulfilment Centres. Based from very modern offices in Hatfield this specialised design department designs Customer Fulfilment Centres around the world, as many as 30 in the next 2 years.
The design department works closely with multiple departments across the business from Product Development, Automation Engineering and IT through to external Architects and Structural Engineers.
The opportunities to develop and advance your career is huge. Within the design department the next move is Lead CAD/Revit Technician then the next move along the ladder will be in Design Integration into a Coordinator role (Project Manager). However, this is a Technology company and so the opportunities for Tech and computer savvy candidates are huge.
Our client is the pioneer in the online supermarket sector whom after 20 years are a FSTE 100 listed business. This is a multi-award-winning UK Technology firm with a very bright future. They develop their own ground-breaking technology they are truly world leaders in Automation, machine learning, AI and robotics. There planned growth across the world is staggering moving from 3 Customer Fulfilment Centres to 30 in 2 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Producing ‘engineering’ layouts at the detailed design phase
* Where appropriate, providing proposed and/or as-built equipment and infrastructure drawings for inclusion in Vendor designs
* Carrying out surveys of new and legacy installations across the Property Portfolio
* Applying design knowledge for input into mechanical design
* Integrating externally produced component drawings into the main Engineering library.
* Producing mechanical ‘sales’ layouts at the concept design phase
* This Role is Head Office Based role, however, you may be asked to carry out occasional site visits – during Coronavirus you will be based from home.
What I’m I looking for:
* Proficient in Autodesk Revit 3D
* Proficient in AutoCAD 2D
* Knowledge other 3D CAD software e.g. Inventor, Solidworks, etc. would also be an advantage
* Google Docs, MS Office experience
* Good at problem-solving
* Good communication skills
* Team player
* The ability to work under pressure
* Experience within AEC industry – could be from an architectural, engineering Structural, MEP or Construction background.
The role is initially working from Home, after which the organisation will decide whether it’s safe to return to the office, however, you will be in the office 1 -2 days maximum the rest of the time still working from home.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
The company has been starting people from home, shipping latop and all necessary equipment to your home.
* Good Salary (Intermediate Level)
Benefits Package - Free Shares + share schemes, private medical, 15% off shopping, Pension, gym
Holidays 25 days holiday