|Job Title:||Revenues Officer|
|Salary:||£9.88 - £12.25 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-01-28 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Simone Grant|
|Job Published:||January 17, 2019 19:57|
Pertemps are looking for an experienced Revenues Officer to cover a temporary assignment based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. The pay rate is £9.88 to £12.25 per hour dependant on experience, full-time Monday to Friday - 37 hours per week. The ideal start date is 28 January 2019 expected to last until 31 August 2019.
This position is based in one of the fastest developing areas in the South East, offering a fantastic location, fast connections into London and excellent local facilities. The public-sector company is committed to providing an excellent service to its residents and businesses and they look for its people to be just as committed to making a positive difference.
As a Revenues Officer you will be responsible for maintaining accounts relating to the billing, collection and enforcement of Council Tax & Business Rates. The post holder will secure levels of collection in accordance with service standards and address the enquiries of customers in a helpful and sensitive manner whilst ensuring that procedures are followed in order to provide a high quality revenues service, ensure that these services are delivered within the framework of quality standards, performance targets, budgetary control and legislative requirements.
Specific responsibilities as a Revenues Officer:
- To maintain the accounts of the residents for billing, collection and enforcement purposes
- To deal with verbal, written and electronic enquiries from customers and third parties using computer systems (eg. Northgate, information@work)To develop and demonstrate a clear understanding of customer care standards and to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to maintain the high standards of service
- To carry out work effectively and correctly so that accurate documentation is issued to customers/residents taking into account any entitlement to reductions that may exist (eg. exemptions, discounts, reliefs, benefits)
- To develop an all-round knowledge and experience of revenues collection (relating to the work of the Team that the post holder is allocated to) and support the Revenues Lead Officer and Team Leader in providing an effective and cost efficient service
- To deal with customers/residents in negotiating payment arrangements in order to maximise collection performance
- To ensure confidentiality and work in accordance with the requirements of Data Protection legislation
- To liaise with internal departments and other organisations in order to develop and maintain good working relationships in order to promote a good image in providing a high quality revenues service
- To be interchangeable with the other Officers working in other sections of the Company
- To recognise change and develop as a flexible officer in the range of work necessary to meet the changing demands and targets facing the revenues service
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be specified by the Revenues Lead Officer and Team Leader
Skills, Abilities and Special Knowledge required:
- An understanding of Revenues legislation
- Ability to contribute and work as a member of a team together with offering support and advice to other team members
- Experience of using a document management system
Previous experience required:
- Billing and recovery of Council Tax and/or Non-domestic Rates
- Conducting personal interviews with members of the public
- Dealing with people with Revenues arrears
- Working with the general public
In return the Revenues Officer will receive an hourly salary of £9.88 to £12.25 per hour dependant on experience, working 37 hours per week - Monday to Friday.
Pertemps are able to offer an excellent rate of pay, holiday pay and a pension scheme to those who are PAYE, weekly pay, online payslips and online timesheets all within a supportive environment for you to work with good transport links.
If you are interested in this great career opportunity and can demonstrate the skills and experience required, please apply.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Operational Support Officer (OSO)
£18,263.80 per annum
Internal Communications Officer
£37000 - £43000 per annum
Membership Data Officer
£31600 per annum
Senior Clerical officer
£10.00 - £12.00 per hour
Operational Support Officer (OSO)
£18,072.66 per annum + London weighting £3,453 (per annum)