|Salary||Up to £40,000 depending on experience||Sector||Retail|
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Retail Manager to be responsible for the delivery of a high-quality customer focussed service across the site to meet the needs of the visitors and staff at the hospital.
In this role, you’ll be a key member of the site management team at Hammersmith and Charing Cross, with key responsibilities for the front and back of house services in retail units including hospitality, ensuring excellent customer service and development of service offers.
You’ll work closely with the Business Director and the Regional Retail Team to ensure that Retail Services are delivered to the contractual agreement in an efficient and effective manner within budgetary constraints and in compliance with all relevant legislation and Company Policies, driving the development of the retail offer, ensuring targets and profit margins are achieved and maintained.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy managementPackage description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, predominantly Monday to Friday but there will be a requirement to work evenings and weekends, flexibility is requiredMain responsibilities
- Work with the Business Director to ensure retail margins are improved upon and budgetary and sales targets/requirements are met
- Responsible for compliance on food and H&S legislation, ensuring effective communications with the local EHO and taking all necessary actions within area of responsibility
- Be responsible for financial management of the allocated budget for area ensuring that stock levels, wastage and labour are effectively managed
- Ensure achievement of high levels of client and service user satisfaction, and monitor these on regular basis
- Review and analyse retail data to understand requirements and demand
- Oversee staff within area of responsibility in line with the appropriate policies in relation to issues including conduct, performance, absence, grievance, fair treatment, pay progression, leave and all other HR policies
- Champion the CARES programme to ensure all staff are committed to delivering high levels of customer service at all times communicated
- Ensure that health and safety standards are understood and delivered across all of hospital operations. This must include any agency staff and all employees from their first date working on site
- Contribute to discussions with Business Director regarding sharing ideas and best practice to improve site performance
- In conjunction with the Business Director, and the regional retail teams, continually review menus for retail services to ensure innovation and market trends are incorporated while profit margins are maintained
- Previous experience in Retail (catering)
- Proven experience of managing a diverse workforce within a multi-service environment
- Previous experience working in a customer facing role
- Experience of working within a retail/sales environment with proven record of managing to budget requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally – dealing with emotive and changeable situations
- Ability to adhere to instructions, standards and procedures
- Understanding of relevant Health and Safety, Employment and other legislative requirements
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent literacy and numerical skills
- Qualification in Food Safety and Hygiene standards, and Health & Safety
- HND in Hotel, Catering or Institutional Management
- Previous experience working in a healthcare environment
- Experience in the training and development of staff
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.