Retail Charity Store Manager
|Job Title:||Retail Charity Store Manager|
|Start Date:||February 2019|
|Contact Name:||Kristy Moore|
|Job Published:||January 24, 2019 09:24|
To manage the store, ensuring efficient and effective management of staff, premises and stock to provide a high quality retail service in relation to agreed performance targets. To ensure all appropriate standards of security and health and safety are met.
Income / Sales
- Maximise shop income and achieve agreed performance targets
- Promote Gift Aid to customers and sign up donors to enhance shop income
- Maintain a high level of commercial awareness by staying informed of sales trends, stock position and local competition
- Implement the highest standards of customer care and service
- Recruit, train, support and co-ordinate the work of staff in the store.
- Ensure that the shop is adequately staffed at all times and establish an appropriate work rota for staff and volunteers.
- Ensure shop premises are clean and tidy at all times and that goods are displayed in an attractive and presentable manner.
- Ensure that all statutory responsibilities are met, including Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.
- Hold shop keys, opening and closing the premises for trading hours and responding to emergency call out if and when necessary.
- Generate stock donations to meet sales requirements, acknowledge receipt and arrange collection where necessary.
- Accept, sort, price and display stock in accordance with thew company guidelines,
- Responsible for stock control, including disposal of unsold or unwanted stock at the best possible return.
- Maintain stocks of new goods for sale with advice from the Area Sales Manager.
- Administer the van collection scheme if applicable
- Work with the Area Sales Manager and Federation (where appropriate)
- Publicise the shop, enhance the company image through a professional retail service, ensuring that all queries about the company are answered promptly and information held in the shop is up to date.
- Maintain good relations with the public, trade councils, landlords and neighbouring retailers.
- Ensure that all financial procedures are followed including banking, weekly returns, maintenance of petty cash account, performance returns, van collection and volunteer records.
- Ensure security of stock and cash on the premises report any shortfalls to the Area Sales Manager.
- Accurately input required data into IT equipment within agreed timescales
- Maintain absolute confidentiality with regard to all company information.
- Work closely with the Area Sales Manager to ensure any problems in the shop are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Undertake any other appropriate duties required to achieve performance targets and realise the full potential of the shop
- Travel within the region where required in the performance of the job, to provide cover in another shop, or for training activities.
- Attend and participate in company meetings as and when required.
Experience - Essential
- Previous experience gained in a performance driven retail/customer centric environment
- Previous people management skills with performance management and teamwork
- Previous experience of communicating with a diverse workforce and customer base
Knowledge & Skills - Essential
- Ability to motivate, inspire and work as a team
- Good administrative and organisational skills with the ability to undertake banking tasks, keep basic records and organise resources in a busy environment.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial information in order to manage shop performance outcomes.
- Strong communicator with ability to deliver team messages, deal with customer issues and resolve problems with firmness and fairness.
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety and Fire regulations and ability to identify potential risks
- Flexible approach to work required. Occasional requirement to additional days to cover holidays and sickness or participate in trading outside of normal shop hours e.g. shop events
- Processing stock deliveries will regularly involve carrying and moving (sometimes heavy) bags of stock. You will also be on your feet for long periods of time.
- On occasions may be required to work on own within shop
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone wanting to continue a strong career within management.
Working Hours are full time
Having your own transport is essential due to having to attend managers meetings
Excellent company benefits package and competitive salary
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's