Job Title: Warehouse Operative (army training services)
Location: Minely, UK
Compensation: £22,441 + excellent overtime rates + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF49156Make your skills count
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Warehouse operative at Minely.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.Defence Training
The Warehouse operative role is based within our Defence Training business area.The roleThe difference our new Warehouse operative will make
As a Warehouse operative you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will provide combat engineering support services to military training activities and resource management services to support the wider Contract.
Day to day, you'll support the delivery of combat engineering support services to the applicable training courses; including transporting, erecting and dismantling of equipment; sentry duties; watermanship safety. You will also ensure that health, safety and environmental (HSE) policies and procedures are always implemented and complied with and comply with all quality assurance processes and procedures.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
This role is based on site in Minley (08.30 - 1630 Monday - Thursday and 08.00 - 1600 Friday) Essential experience
What we offer
- Experience of manual handling
- Ability to swim
- Driving license would be an advantage
- FLT Counterbalance would be an advantage
- IOSH Working Safely would be an advantage
- Qualified First Aider would be an advantage
- You must have the ability to obtain Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) security clearance
Generous benefits including:
- Overtime paid at time and a half, or double on bank holidays
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme with life assurance
- Onsite swimming pool and gym
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Quality Assurance, CSR, Engineer, Technology, Management, Engineering