|Job Title:||Residential Officer|
|Salary:||£18400 - £19700 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jade Walker|
|Job Published:||January 11, 2019 15:26|
Are you passionate about education and working with young people?
We are recruiting for a Residential Officer to provide welfare and safeguarding support to all students in campus accommodation. A key element of this role is to contribute to the planning and delivery of a range of activities for the students, teaching them leadership skills and preparing them for independent living outside of the college environment.
What else may be involved in this role?
- Conducting welfare checks of the residential areas
- Enforcing curfew rules for under 18s
- Providing pastoral support
- Carry out spot checks of residential areas with another staff member
- Assist in the organisation and hosting of onsite and offsite activities and events, like film nights, cooking activities, bowling, paintballing etc, using risk assessments and trip forms
- Work with students on the organisation and running of parties, campaigns, charity events etc
- Ensure the smooth running of the common room areas and activities, encouraging student responsibility
- Take part in bus duties at the end of each college day and monitor behaviour
- Assist with the smooth running of the college bar during evenings
Successful candidates will:
- Be fully committed to meeting the needs of all pupils
- Be able to inspire and motivate pupils to learn and equip them with essential life skills
- Have undertaken recent safeguarding training, first aid and food hygiene, or demonstrate a willingness to complete this training
- Hold GCSE/ Level 2 English and Maths qualifications and/or demonstrate exceptional literacy and numeracy skills
- Demonstrate an ability to work flexibly, including regular evening and weekend work
- Hold a valid UK driving licence and be willing to undertake college minibus driver training
- Experience working in the Further Education sector would be advantageous but not essential, providing you have experience of working with young people in a carers capacity or similar
The interview process will require candidates to be available to attend a whole day assessment process. The interview process will include an individual interview and a role related task.
This is a temporary to permanent role, working 12.20am - 12.00pm on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern.
Based in the Bridgwater area.
Paying £18,400-£19,700 per annum.
If you are interested or perhaps you would like to discuss it further, please feel free to call and speak to Jade (based in our Truro office) for more information and a confidential chat.
Acorn is committed to Safer Recruitment in Education - an enhanced DBS check will be obtained, a self-disclosure will be required, and you must be able to demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of safeguarding.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Business Support Officer
£9.83 - £10.58 per hour
Internal Communications Officer
£14.99 - £15.00 per hour
Digital Communications & Events Officer
£22000 - £26000 per annum
Finance and HR Officer Part Time
£14941 per annum
Internal Quality Assurance/IQA- Health and Social Care
£24000 - £26000 per annum