Residential Child Care Worker
- Job Reference: 00023997-1
- Date Posted: 18 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Dumfries, Dumfriesshire
- Salary: £8.72 to £9.02 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Residential Childcare Worker - Auldgirth, Dumfries
ACAD is a well-established residential childcare and education provider based across Scotland and have been providing residential childcare service since 2001.
Our services are based just outside of Fort William, Inverness and Dumfries and Galloway. We are seeking compassionate and empowering Residential Childcare Workers to support our Young People with emotional and behavioural difficulties.
We provide a safe, warm and nurturing environment with a high standard of care and accommodation for our young people and are looking for caring and compassionate individuals who can demonstrate these attributes within a challenging yet rewarding environment.
We all know that the Coronavirus is changing the way we go about our everyday lives, but there is one thing that doesn’t change – our absolute commitment and the values we share as members of the Caretech family, for the people we support.
As a Residential Childcare Worker we require all candidates:
* Experience in a similar role (preferred)
* Work on a rota bases – 2 full days on 4 full days off
* Including Sleep Nights
* Driver with a manual licence
* Be adaptable and able to work under pressure
* Worked in a similar environment (min 3 months)
* Health and Social Care Qualification or equivalent
Reward and Incentive
* Working for a well-established residential service with an excellent reputation
* Competitive Rates of Pay
* Free PVG check
* An inspiring environment where no two days are the same
* Childcare Vouchers
* Pension Scheme
* Continued Learning & Development
* Free Training
* Paid Induction
Due to the nature of the role, it will be necessary for all applicants to be subject to a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check by Disclosure Scotland and achieve membership of the scheme prior to commencing work with us.
CareTech will cover the cost of this check.
All candidates must be successfully registered with the SSSC within 6 months of employment.
Any data received in applications will be used for recruitment purposes within ACAD and CareTech only