residential care worker
- Job Reference: 00015236-1
- Date Posted: 4 September 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Birmingham
- Salary: £8.21 to £9.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
During the current coronavirus- Could you make a make a difference to the life of one or more of our children in care? We’re looking for people to join teams working with our children. You need to have experience and skills of working with children and young people and are available on relief basis working part or full time.
As a residential children’s worker you would work in one of our children’s homes, working alongside experienced staff across 24/7.
* Please specify how many hours you could work. This post will involve training and so priority will be given to those available for 15 hours per week or more.*
Day to Day Role
* Caring and supporting children and Young people with their day to day lives, creating a nurturing and homely place to live.
* Listening to the children and helping them to express their views, wishes and feelings.
* Helping children to develop life skills, understanding each child’s capabilities and encouraging them to try new things.
* Supporting children during school holidays for outings and local activities.
* To work with Children and Young People with a range of needs including significant learning difficulties and challenging behaviour.
* Working with other families and other professionals to understand complex behaviours in order to manage and reduce them.
* To be alert to signs of distress or risk to ensure children are monitored and protected
* To keep records about the support that is given to each child.
* Life skills, the right attitude and genuine desire to help are a skill set that will support our children to thrive.
* Ability to work shifts including weekends and bank holidays, occasional sleep-in shifts and also undertake personal care
* To work as part of a team and use own initiative when required
The successful candidates will work on a rota basis. The post includes shift work, weekend working and sleep-in duties (additional payments for sleep-ins will apply).
Note this post is exempt from the limitations of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and as such all instances of previous cautions and convictions will need to be disclosed in any application.
For more information please contact Mike