|Salary||£27,100 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
HMP Northumberland are recruiting for a Resettlement Manager.
If you have an interest in group delivery work and have good communication and interpersonal skills, this could be a great opportunity for you.
HMP Northumberland offers a variety of initiatives and programmes to help residents engage within the prison’s rehabilitative culture. This includes various educational and vocational qualifications, as well as a variety of opportunities for residents to learn new skills within our workshops and industries departments. We have textile, engineering and electrical workshops and can offer prisoners experience in horticulture, market gardens, cleaning, waste management and laundry services on site.
As a working prison, we work towards the resettlement of residents upon their release into the community and their integration into society through the skills acquired while in our care. We are committed to supporting people to change their lives for the better and lead law-abiding lives.
Being over 4 miles in circumference, the prison is a vast space with exceptionally kept plantation and currently houses over 1300 residents with a range of sentence terms.Package description
£27,100 per annum - 37.5 hours per week
Excellent benefits including free onsite parking, shopping discounts, pension and 28 days holiday
- Attend all training in relation to the role
- Line Management responsibilities
- Conduct 1:1 interviews as required
- Chair all post programme reviews
- Attend supervision sessions
- Attend all Accredited Intervention Management meetings
- Promote a positive therapeutic environment
- Be a positive role model and ensure that all aspects of Equality & Inclusion are adhered to
- Be the link between Probation and Community Resettlement contracts
- Have an interest in group work delivery
- Have an interest in working with people who have cognitive distortions for the purpose of resettlement.
- Be able to prepare for and deliver sessions.
- Liaise with OMU/OASYs staff in the management of offenders.
- Contribute to the development of pro social goals leading to a crime free life.
- Develop programmes in line with ISMG/NOMS, Audit and contractual requirements.
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use initiative and work autonomously
- An interest in working with people who need to address the way they think and behave.
- Vocational competencies around offending behaviour.
- Knowledge of the different treatment models and services available to offenders.
- Have experience of working with the National Probation service
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.